[chapter fifteen] the eve witch

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

"So you don't have a date?"

"Nope."

"A car?"

"Nope."

"Scott." The girl groaned whilst shaking her head in disapproval.

It was the night of the formal, one of the most 'important' nights of their lives according to Melissa, and yet Aires couldn't have been dreading the night more. With a roll of her eyes, Aires forced herself to restrain a snarky remark at the boys idiocy. The night hadn't began and yet it was already looking to be a disaster.

"Do you at least have a suit or something?" She snapped through clenched teeth.

"Yes, yes, yes. I have something?" He mumbled with a sheepish grin, bringing a hopeless sigh from the girls lips.

Just breathe.

"We'll hurry up and put it on." She demanded, whilst practically shoving him into the bathroom.

"AIRES!"

With a roll of her eyes, Aires forced a smile onto her lips. "Shit."

"Where's Scott? It's almost time- Why aren't you ready? Your getting ready? Okay. Everything is going okay." Mellissa demanded whilst practically flying into the room. "Oh wow."

"What?" The Hale snapped defensively as she quickly spun to glance in the mirror.

"You look beautiful." She whispered.

A black strapless silk dress, hair that fell at her waist, Chanel heels and scarlett red lips. It wasn't anything too unusual for her to wear, nothing out of the ordinary for her, and yet she felt like an entirely new person as she stared at her startled reflection.

"Your mom would be so proud of you." Melissa whispered as sad frown stretched across her lips.

She wouldn't have been proud, if anything she would've been disappointed at the disaster she had become.

Talia Hale was an extremely complicated person, as was her relationship with the girl. Aires resented her and loved her all at once. To say she had mommy issues would be the understatement of the century.

"Woah." Scott gawked with wide eyes as he slipped further into the room. "Ree- You look..."

"Gorgeous? Stunning? Hot?" She finished with a smirk.

"Beautiful."

"As do you, Scotty."

Two knocks at the door, and a set of chills raced through Aires body. She knew who stood on the other side, who was waiting for her.

"I've got to go." She whispered to nobody in particular before throwing her phone onto her bed and smoothing down her dress.

Just breathe, Ree.

Just breathe.

"Okay, quick picture, come on." Melissa demanded over joyfully.

"NO!" The two protested in unison.

"Oh come on, let me be a mom!"

Reluctantly, they stood next to each other, forcing smiles onto their faces and quickly separating the moment they could. Without wasting another second, she quickly defended the stairs and swung the front door open. Before she could conceal it, a soft gasp fell from her lips.

"You look beautiful." Sage whispered in awe.

"So do you."

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.