Chapter 20

Solenne quickly went back to the party to entertain the guests.

"Did you drink her dry your majesty?" One from the council asked.

"Yes, but she will live" the Queen lied. Her mind was pacing as if she herself was, but she remembered she was in a room full of fellow vampires.

Hurting the girl like that wasn't suppose to happen, really she was never suppose to bring her here, but seeing the other vampires at the auction brought on a wave of something she had never felt before, the thought of them touching her or feeding from her destroyed her.

The fear the girl let off disgusted her, she was ashamed of herself for the first time.

"Why after all these years do you have a blood bag, do you plan to keep her?" The Queen sighed at the questions.

"If this is what I am going to be subjected to all evening then I shall retire to my room, enough is enough" she commanded, they had to be put in their place.

"I will do what I see fit with her and it is nothing to any of you" she finished her sentence and began to float around the room making everyone feel welcome before sitting on her throne to escape them all.

Tessa made a bee line towards the Queen, ready to pounce at any given moment, she was clouded with desire, part of her wished the Queen was her mate but the other half knew she wasn't hers at all.

But still, she chased after her.

"Your highness" she bowed, Solenne sighed.

Tessa walked behind the throne and began to massage the Queen's tense shoulders.

"You know I could make you feel much better" she purred, elongating every word to try and seduce the Queen.

"Not now Tessa" Solenne tried to shoo her away. She was in a foul mood.

"Will we be meeting in your room later?" Tessa had carried on trying to touch the Queen, but any touch that wasn't Aerilyn's was like being burned alive.

"I said not now" she erupted.

"Oh that human has got you so worked up over nothing" the Queen's eyes snapped towards Tessa, the red head knew she had got to her. How could a pesky little human have her so worked up, it didn't make sense.

Tessa had never seen the Queen react like this over a measly human.

She leaned in and pecked the Queen's cheek, Luanna arrived back into the room and appeared at the Queen's side in a flash.

She knew Solenne was going to do something she would regret and felt she had to protect her best friend. Matheus had done a good job at covering everything up and keeping everyone entertained.

All eyes had been on him for most of the night, this relieved some of the pressure on the Queen.

"You aren't wanted here Tessa, go be a mistress some where else, I'm sure there are plenty of men for  you here" Luanna scowled.

Tessa's face was steaming with anger at her dismissal. She stormed off leaving the two of them alone.

"You know we need to talk about this Sol" Luanna used her nickname for the Queen.

Solenne nodded her head knowingly, tapping her hand against the chair.

"Not here though" she replied.

"I know, don't worry, let's just try and enjoy the night" they both smiled at each other.

Nilsa did not leave Aerilyn's door all night, she knew that the Queen had been in there every night but tonight she would confront her.