Flirtation and Jealousy (SS, LM, NM)

Introduction:
Severus is invited to dinner at Malfoy Manor where he brings a date, his assistant who is also his girlfriend. He however gets jealous when Lucius and Narcissa start flirting with her.

PS: This is a request from narcissasbrat on Tumblr as well as an anonymous on Tumblr.

Word count: 2k

Published: 11/9/2021
———————————————

TW: Alcohol, flirtatious & seductive behaviour and jealousy

Severus Snape is a happy man. He still can't believe that he's in a relationship with the most beautiful woman he has ever laid his eyes on - Y/N Y/L/N, his assistant.

At first, he barely acknowledged her. However, after the poor assistant kept trying to talk with her boss, he couldn't keep ignoring her - they do need to communicate after all.

After a while, he became smitten with her. But he never admitted his feelings as he believed it was one-sided  - who could love Severus Tobias Snape? Surely, no one.

Imagine his surprise when the same woman admits her feelings towards him - he almost thought it was a joke.

Now, ten months later, they are in a happy relationship.

The only ones who know besides themselves are Minerva McGonagall and Albus Dumbledore. Those two did bet when the two lovebirds would admit their feelings towards each other.

Spoiler alert - Minerva won, much to Albus' dismay. Ten Galleons!

None of the students know. Severus and Y/N both agreed on that - the Potions Master wouldn't be as feared and respected if they find out that he has a soft spot. Well, at least respected by his Slytherins.

Neville Longbottom would stop crying from fear whenever he sees the Potions Master if he knew - that just can't happen, right?

Right now, Y/N is walking in the hallways, heading towards the library. Severus is out of books to read, and she promised to bring him a new one.

Just as she's about to enter, she accidentally bumps into someone.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, sir! I didn't see you!" Y/N apologies.

The man chuckles. "No need to apologise, young lady. It isn't every day a beautiful woman bumps into me" he says, smirking at her.

She blushes. "Oh, t-thank you, sir. My name is Y/N Y/L/N, by the way" she says as she extends her hand.

The man takes her hand to his lips as he kisses her knuckles. "Lucius Malfoy" he says as he introduces himself.

Y/N smiles at that. "I believe Draco Malfoy is your son, yes?" she asks, thinking of the Slytherin student. The boy is very talented in Potions.

Lucius nods. "That's correct, he is my son. Which is the reason I have come here to Hogwarts as I need to speak to him. I'm afraid I will have to leave now, Ms. Y/L/N" he says as he gives a sad smile.

Y/N nods, understanding. "Of course. It was a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Malfoy" she says, smiling at him.

"Likewise, Ms. Y/L/N. I do hope we meet again" he says, giving her a charming smile. He then leaves.

Y/N wonders if she will ever see him again.

The next day, Y/N decides to apparate to Diagon Alley. She wants to buy a book that she has been waiting for ages to be released, and it's finally here!

It can't be bought in Hogsmeade as Diagon Alley is the only place that sells the book, which is why she's heading there instead.

Severus wanted to accompany her, but he sadly had to attend an important meeting with the Headmaster.