you catch her kissing another girl - part two (requested)

You wiped away the tear-stains on your cheeks as you pulled into the driveway.

Getting out of the car, you walked up to the door and knocked. It was a moment later when Chaeyoung answered the door and looked at you in shock.

"Y/N, it's almost four in the morning! What are you doing here and why were you crying?" She asked as she let you inside before pulling you in for a hug.

You sat down on her sofa and cried as you told her everything, needing to let it all out and confide in someone that you truly trust.

Chaeyoung, being the amazing friend that she is, immediately offered to let you stay for as long as you needed.

She let you cry out all of your tears and she didn't give you any advice, feeling as though it wasn't her place to do that and only you can make the right decision on that by following your heart.

It was five am by the time that you had fallen asleep.

She left to get you some water and returned to you sleeping with your head on the throw pillows as you stayed curled up on her sofa.

Although she was going to let you crash in the spare bedroom upstairs, she didn't bother you and just covered you up, hoping the morning wouldn't be too hard for you.

It was only a little after nine am when your eyes opened over the sound of frantic knocking on Chaeyoung's front door.

Chaeyoung walked out of the kitchen and put a bottle of water down on the table for you before she went to answer the door.

"Mina," Chae sighed, looking over at you to wordlessly ask you what you wanted her to do.

"Y/N's here? She has to be! I stayed at Nayeon's and I checked with the other girls and they said she wasn't there and her friends all said the same and so I had to check with you! She's here, right? Can I see her? Can I talk to her?"

Her words all fell from her lips in a rush. She was desperate to see you and explain everything to you, that much was obvious.

You nodded at Chaeyoung and she stepped aside to let Mina in.

"Y/N!" She sighed in relief and ran to you.

"I'll be in the other room," Chaeyoung said before heading back into the kitchen, claiming that she had a few things to do in there although you knew she just wanted to be near in case you needed comfort from a friend.

Mina tried to throw her arms around you but you wouldn't let her.

"No, Mina." You said and watched as the words sank in, her eyes filling with tears that she tried to blink away. "Not right now."

She nodded and sat beside you.

"You came here to explain?"

"Yes!"

"Do you realize that there's nothing to explain?" You asked and she shook her head quickly.

"No, y/n, there is and I'm begging you to please hear me out."

You took in a deep breath before nodding.

"Fine."

"What happened last night was just a mistake. I was drunk and I know that is no excuse, believe me, y/n, I know that. But I need you to know that I did not kiss her. She kissed me. Again, it's no excuse. I know it was wrong and I understand that and I will not ever try to deny or excuse that away."

You could see the sincerity in her eyes before you stared down at your lap, your brain a mess as you became torn on what was right and wrong as far as forgiving her went.

"I love you. We've been together for so long and I've told you a thousand times before and I will say it again - you are the only girl that I love and care about. You're the only one I want to be with. I know I messed up but I was drunk, stupidly drunk, and I would never throw what we have away for anyone else in this world. Not on purpose, not when I'm in the right frame of mind."

You swallowed thickly and sniffled before looking back up at her.

"How do I know you'll never do it again? How do I know you won't get so drunk that you'll kiss someone else or... worse?"

"Because I love you and I will do whatever it takes to make this right. I won't go out and drink anymore. If you want, I won't ever touch alcohol anymore!"

You chuckled and shook your head.

"Drinking is okay, Mina. On occasion and not to the point where you're kissing someone that isn't the person you love."

"I know." She said. "I understand that. Truly, I do. I will do anything though, y/n. Anything."

"Anything?"

She nodded quickly.

"I need you to understand that I can't forgive you immediately and rush back into things and be like we were before. Not right away."

"I understand that. I swear, I support you in it."

"Good." You said. "It'll take me a little time but maybe someday soon, we can get back to us. But I have to take a few days to myself. I'm going to stay here with Chaeyoung-"

"But you'll come home?" She asked, her voice shaking slightly.

"Yeah. Eventually. I just need some space and some time apart. I have to be able to feel like I truly trust you again before I do that."

"I understand and I will do whatever I can to make things right."

"I know." You said as she put her forehead on yours. "You should rest after everything that happened last night."

"Yeah, now that I know that, in time, things will be okay, I can. But I'll be thinking of ways to make it right and make sure you know that you can trust me again every day until you're ready to come home and even after. I promise. You have my word right now that I will never be stupid or drunk enough to ever do that again and I will never break that."

"I'm holding you to it."

"You better." She smiled and kissed your cheek before she walked out the door and back into the cab she took to get here, already busying her brain with ways of making everything better.

She wasn't going to mess up again. Not ever.

She loves you so much and she will never do anything to risk losing you again.