Chapter 9: Grief

'𝙂𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙗𝙮𝙚, Брат'

꧁꧂

𝘼𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙨 𝙏𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧, 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙔𝙤𝙧𝙠

"Its been three days. Shouldn't have Anara come out by now." Steve passed around the living area in the Avengers Tower. Its been 72 hours since the Sokovia fall and Pietro's death. Wanda has been somewhat better. She's able to actually get out of bed, no matter how hard that is.

"Go and ask her." Stark acted like he didn't care for the Maximoff witch, but he did. Tony knew she had her reasons for what they did, but also he felt like he saw something in her that reminded him of himself. It could be the losing parents at a young age, being the oldest. Of course he wouldn't know what's its like to help raise younger siblings, then lose one.

"Natasha?" The Captain looked to the Black Widow, hoping she would know. "Rogers, she's grieving. Everyone is different." He took a deep sigh, not sure on how to help the young witches.

Meanwhile, Wanda was in her room watching sitcoms, when Vision appeared. He spoke words of the truth. It helped in a sense. When she was alone, she knew she needed her sister. Wanda tiptoed across the hall, knocking quietly on the door.

"Ana." A light voice came from the door. I was awake but lying down with the covers stuffed over me. The sunlight was sneaking through the curtains, but not once have I moved since arriving at the tower. It feels like a minute ago when we arrived.

*** Flashback***

"Anara." I ignored Steve's voice as I walked out of the jet straight away. Not saying a word since I woke up. Blood stained my hands, face and my wound was still open.

"Anara!" He yelled back again but I didn't reply. I went to a room that Tony previously mentioned on the ride here. As soon as I got to the door, I walked straight in, locking it behind me.

The room was a dark grey colour. A double bed on the right wall and some drawers on the left wall. I pulled the blinds shut over the sunny window and crawled into the big comfy bed.

My head hurt, my body was weak, my arm hurt and worst, my heart hurt. I lied awake, not moving once from where I was. Every knock I ignored it. I knew I had to leave this safe space soon. My arm was bad, hadn't eaten or drunk since before the fight.

***end***

I didn't speak, but I heard the locks turn, knowing its my sister. She looked over to me before walking over. Wanda lied beside me, wrapping her arms around me. Within minutes I began to cry. I didn't know how long, but my sister didn't say anything. She just hugged me, letting me know I was okay.