Vol.1. Chapter 4.1 : A Very Strange Morning

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's POV

It is now Friday, April 3rd, 2015. It's the third day of my stay here at Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School.

(If you're wondering where I got the day and year, I just assume that COTE takes place in 2015 and searched the 2015 Calendar.)

I was currently heating water in a pot. I had already finished making my bed after a good night's slumber. For breakfast, I decided to try a type of noodles called 'instant ramen,' which, according to Eichiiro, is surprisingly very simple to prepare.

Although it is a very inexpensive meal, according to Eichiiro, they actually taste very delicious and come in a variety of flavors, giving you a wide range of options to choose from. Despite the fact that it's extremely unhealthy and could harm my health, I was eager to give it a shot because I'd never had food like this in the White Room before.

I opened the lower cupboard and grabbed a cup of instant ramen while waiting for the water to come to the proper temperature. It looked like a regular flavored one from the cover. Since I don't want to eat anything too unhealthy for breakfast, I'll just stick with it.

I was also anticipating the arrival of a visitor to my dorm room. Even though it's 5:57 AM in the morning, I have some important matters that I would like to discuss with him. Furthermore, what we would discuss would most likely be beneficial for Class D's future.

I'm just hoping he's not too upset that I asked him to meet me so early in the morning.

Oh, I guess I should turn off the stovetop before I forget. I don't want the water to become too hot or to evaporate excessively.

I then grabbed a cup of instant ramen and halfway opened the lid. I took some of the instant noodles' ingredients and placed them in the cup. I then carefully took the pot of hot water and slowly poured it over the noodles, covering them by a few centimeters. Finally, I covered the lid and set it on the kitchen table to rest for a few minutes while allowing my breakfast to finish cooking.

'Knock! Knock!'

Ah, it seems my guest has finally arrived. I walked over to my door and opened it, revealing Eichiiro in his pyjamas and a sleepy expression. His pyjamas had cute lamb patterns on them.

"You'd better have a compelling reason to text me in the middle of the night to come to your room in the first flush of the morning. I'm not sure what kind of person would ask someone to meet them when they should be getting ready for school, which starts in two hours." Eichiiro said, his tone slightly irritated.

"Perhaps you didn't get enough sleep? You seem to be a bit annoyed." I enquired.

It wasn't an absurd question either. Eichiiro has a habit of staying up late either owing to his studies or playing games, according to what I've learned during the period we were compelled to stay in that government institution. He also has what appears to be bed hair in his hair, which makes it look a little unkempt.

"Kiyo, I think anyone would be annoyed in being called first thing in the morning. Then again, you're not wrong. I stayed up all night and played a game called candy crush on my phone for hours. I ended up only sleeping for like, two or three hours maybe? I'm not really sure." He replied truthfully.

"You know, for an honor student, you can certainly sometimes be irresponsible with how you manage your time."

"Agh shut up, you sound just like my dad. Ah sorry, I meant OUR dad."

"You know I'm not legally adopted yet right? It's only a proposal that Matsuo came up with."

"Well, my father basically already treats you as if you were his own son. Plus, I think we're already close enough to call each other brothers without it sounding strange."