Chapter 19

-You texted us that you had something to tell us, so go on.- John said, sitting on his armchair. 
-Well...I...- I started talking. 
-No. Please no! Tell me it's not true!- Sherlock said, widening his eyes, while Mycroft almost choked himself with a piece of cake. 
-Well it is.- I said. 
-You can't be serious, y/n.- Mycroft said. 
-I don't...understand.- John said, looking more confused than usual. 
-y/n and Moriarty are dating. Isn't it obvious?!- Sherlock yelled -The ring. The fact that they are sitting so comfortably next to each other. The fact he often looks at her with a loving and caring look. Do you want more hints, John?- Sherlock said, glancing at Moriarty. 
-Oh...- John murmured in complete shock. 
-He's a psychopath, y/n!- Sherlock said.
-And you're a sociopath. So what's the problem with it?- I asked.
-I almost regret threatening Benedict.- Mycroft said. 
-Yeah, Thomas was better.- Sherlock said, going to the kitchen. 
-I'm an Holmes. Of course I don't like simple things.- I said -But you can't talk this shitty without knowing him. Why don't you try?- I asked them -I did and looked at us. I'm not saying that you have to be with him 24/7, but just a few hours and I'm sure you'll become friends. You have many things in common, if you think about it.- 
-Why should we? He tried to kill us.- John said, a little reluctant. 
-Yeah, but he saved me.- I said smiling at him, taking his hand in mine -Just one chance. For me. Please.- I begged them. 
-I...I have to think about it.- Mycroft said, sighing.
-I don't know y/n.- Sherlock, shook his head. 
-I...I'm okay with it.- John said, holding out his hand for Jim -If you make her happy, it's fine. But one thing, don't hurt her.- 
-I won't, Doctor.- he said, smiling a little. 
-Thank you, John.- I smiled, thankfully at him. 
-John, are you serious?- Sherlock asked, surprised. 
-Yeah. Why don't? We can try to. It won't kill anyone.- John shrugged. 
-One thing Moriarty. Just one. I know I can't beat you physically, but if you hurt my sister, you can be sure I'll find a way to hurt you.- Mycroft said. 
-It's not my intention, you can be sure about it.- Jim said, nodding. 
-I don't like this, but I'm not gonna say anything against it.- Sherlock said -I'm living my life and you're living yours.- 
-Thank you.- I smiled, as I felt Moriarty's hand squeezing mine. 
-Yeah, thank you. I swear that I'm going to protect her until I can.- he said. 
-I really hope you're a man of word.- Mycroft said. 
-I need to speak to you, Moriarty, about a few things.- Sherlock said to him, he stood up and nodded to me, then they disappeared in the other room. 
-You're serious about this?- Mycroft asked out of the blue. 
-Yeah, I am.- I nodded.
-Alright.- he shrugged -Just...stay safe.- giving me a little smile, as I nodded smiling back at him. 
After that Sherlock and Moriarty had their talk, they came back. 
-Everything's okay?- I asked him. 
-Mhmh.- he nodded, sitting next to me, taking my hand in his. 
A few weeks passed and between me and Jim things worked.
He was truly an amazing boyfriend. 
He had started thinking of working with Scotland Yard, to bring down his network, because he had understood it wasn't good, and he was thinking of leaving his work as "consulting criminal" too. 
When I had asked him why these sudden changes he answered me saying it was mainly for me, because after the attack at the Manor, he didn't want to risk something like that to happen again, especially now that we were together.
Three weeks after we got together it was my birthday so me, Sherlock, John and Mycroft had to go to my parent's house and, of course, I told Jim to come too. 
After some time I managed to convince him. 
-C'mon bae, we have to go.- I yelled, looking at my phone, waiting for him, at the door.
-Just a moment dear.- he screamed -Here I am.- he said, running down the stairs. 
-We are late, let's go.- I said, walking out and getting in the car, followed by him. 
After some time we arrived. 
At the sight of the house, some memories came to my mind. 
Mainly the happy ones. 
The door opened and I saw mum's figure standing there. 
-My sweet y/n.- she said, approaching me.
-Mum, hey.- I said, hugging her -I missed you.- 
-I missed you too, sweetie.- she stroked my cheek -Who's that handsome man with you?- she smiled at him. 
-I'm Jim Moriarty, ma'am. Pleasure to meet you.- he introduced himself, kissing the back of her hand.
-I'm Violet Holmes. My pleasure.- she smiled at his gesture -Let's go in. Your father can't wait to see you. The other three are already here.- she said, leaning the way. 
When dad saw me, he stood up to hug me.
-My little girl. Look how much you grew up.- he said, stroking my hair.
-I saw you just a few months ago, dad, don't be so dramatic.- I said, giggling a little.
-It's in the Holmes's blood being dramatic, sweetie.- mum said, patting Mycroft and Sherlock's shoulder, as they growled annoyed.
-You ain't wrong, Mrs Holmes.- John said, laughing. 
-Who is he?- dad asked, seeing Jim. 
-He's Jim Moriarty.- mum said -A friend of theirs.- 
-I'm actually your daughter's boyfriend.- Jim said as mum gasped, evidently surprised. 
-You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend, y/n.- dad said, flinching his gaze between me and him. 
-Surprise?- I shrugged, a little embarrassed. 
-How long have you been...dating?- she asked. 
-Three weeks now.- I answered. 
-Oh lovely.- mum clapped her hands happily. 
After chatting to catch up on the latest news, we ate, then I decided to oped the presents. 
Mum and dad made me an album with all the prettiest photos of me, Mycroft and Sherlock in our childhood.
Mycroft had bought me a new laptop, knowing that mine had broken a week before. 
Sherlock bought me a violin, telling me that he'd help me to learn how to play it.
John bought me a silverish bracelet, with some cute charms. 
Jim bought me a silver ring with an amethyst.