Chapter XXVIII: Lacy

3rd POV-

Klaus and Elijah ended up running to Whitmore House instead of driving. Both agreeing it would be quicker. Danial and Rebekah were driving. Klaus and Elijah were going to detain Lacy until they get there to drive her back. No one wanted to have to carry the wolf all the way back.

Once in front of the building, signs of someone breaking in were visible. Both of the originals could smell a wolf nearby, but knew they couldn't get into the house since Wes was still alive.

An hour had gone by. Rebekah and Danial had arrived a bit ago but Rebekah refused to let Danial go back into the house to get his sister. Afraid he wouldn't come back out. There was slight movement which drew the creatures to look that way. It was dark out, probably closing in on 11pm. A blonde girl appeared in the doorway, smoke coming out of the door around her. It became clear that she had set some fires.

"Lacy." Danial spoke up, noticing the short haired girl looking frantic at her situation. She was trapped, either die in the burning building or let the Originals rip her to shreds. Lacy snapped her eyes to look at her brother.

"Fern.." She whispered, staying behind the barrier of the door. Only Danial could get to her. And she was relatively stronger than him, or so she thought. The experiments Wes had done to him had actually made him just a bit stronger.

"Come on out, mutt." Klaus whistled, treating her like a stray dog. You could visibly see Lacy swallowing her fears. She was terrified.

"Lacy- What have you done?" Danial asked her, he truly could not believe how his sister could work with these humans. Giving her brother up for the research, weakening their Aunt. She was better than this. He knew that.

"I-I didn't have a choice. They took her-" She panicked. Her voice cracking as tears were coming out of her eyes.

"Oh Lace.." Danial said softly. His heart breaking for his sisters heartbreak and fate.

"As much as I am all for the drama of siblings, we have a mate to save. So if you could speed this along." Klaus said with a clap of his hands. Danial rolled his eyes at the hybrid, but he knew he was right.

"Lacy, Hilda is dying." He told her calmly. "I'm sorry about Lilah, but you have to give yourself up." Danial tried. Lilah was Lacy's soulmate. She was lucky enough to find her a few years ago. They were happy, until the Travelers ripped her from her. Forcing Lacy to help the Whitmore's in their research. Lacy had no idea why the Travelers were working with Wes, but she did know she needed Lilah back. She could feel she was gone though, as soon as the Original Tribrid broke into Whitmore House, they had slit her throat, assuming Lacy had gone against them.

"I didn't mean for any of this to happen. The-they just needed you, they wanted your blood or som-something. They had promised to let you go!" Lacy exclaimed, her eyes darting around between the people there for her. Her brother was the only one who seemed remorseful.

"Lacy. Please." Danial said quietly. Lacy snapped her eyes back to her brother, shaking her head.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, pulling out a syringe and stabbing it into her chest, injecting some kind of liquid into her. Danial moved quickly, ripping her out of the building and to Klaus and Elijah. Klaus was quick to feed her his blood before her heart stopped.

"We need to get to the manor. I have some of Elena's blood there still." Klaus told them.  With that, Danial lifted his sister in his arms and placed her into the car, giving the keys over to Elijah.

"I'm going to get what I can from the fires. Knowing my sister, the books of our family are in there." Danial decided. Rebekah gave him a look.

"Not alone you're not. I'll stay behind too. Not like I can go in, but I can be here in case." She declared. Klaus and Elijah nodded, getting into the car.

"Be safe, you two." Elijah told his sister and her mate. She nodded with a gentle smile.

"Go save your Soulmate." She told them and they drove off.