Chapter 4: Accept

"Zhang Goudan often went hunting with Zhang Liehu, why did he fall down with ease?" Yan Mu asked tentatively.

"I don't know, maybe my feet slipped." Zhang Liehu said uncertainly, "The grass grows luxuriantly in summer, maybe I didn't see it clearly, maybe even if my feet are empty, that's what Zhang Liehu said anyway."

"Really..." Yan Mu thoughtfully.

Zhang Goudan is not a good thing anyway. If you fall, you will fall.

It's best to throw the key point, who would let him always bully Yu Yuan.

Yan Mu thought badly.

"It's raining, Dad is going to Zhang Liehu's house to deliver bacon, you stay at home." Father Yan picked up the bacon and prepared to go out.

"Let me go." Yan Mu thought of Yu Yuan, and his heart suddenly moved.

"The road is slippery on rainy days and your leg hurts again. Why do you go to his house?" Yan's father disapproved.

"Father, I can't just lie at home for the rest of my life, and occasionally I still have to walk around with my neighbors." Yan Mu said spoiledly.

"...Then, Dad will go with you." Father Yan hesitated.

"I'll just go by myself, I'll just go out and turn around."

Yan Mu smiled at Father Yan, she took the bacon in Father Yan's hand, picked up an oil-paper umbrella, and walked into the rain.

The roads of this era are dirt roads, and when they get wet in the rain, they become very slippery and sticky.

Although it was only a few steps away, it was very difficult for Yan Mu, the lame man.

The mud spots got on the hem of the fan's skirt, and the small shoes were soaked.

In summer, the rain was strong, and the wind was howling. Yan Mu was holding an umbrella, feeling that he was about to be blown away.

She limply came under the eaves, gathered the oil paper umbrella, and put it on the wall.

Her shoulders were wet and her hair was blown in a mess.

Yan Mu patted his shoulder and was about to walk into the house, but saw a thin figure faintly curled up in the pouring rain.

"Yu Yuan?" She asked in surprise.

The rain shook the sky, and her voice disappeared halfway before it passed.

Yan Mu put the bacon in a dry place, reopened the umbrella, and returned to the pouring rain.

The shoes were stained with muddy water again, and the oil-paper umbrella was staggered by the wind.

Yan Mu was fainted by the blow, and stumbled to Yu Yuan's side.

The young boy curled up and fell into the muddy water.

The silky black hair was dampened by the rain, scattered in the muddy water, as if a pearl covered in dust.

His face was pale, the rain hung on his crow feather-like eyelashes, and the always gorgeous lips lost their color like withered flowers.

The summer clothes were thin, and they were tightly attached to Yu Yuan after being wet, showing a translucent state.

Through the translucent clothes, Yan Mu could vaguely see the criss-crossing scars on Yu Yuan's body.

His whole body was withered, which reminded Yan Mu of the bare branches in winter and the white snow on the branches.