Chapter 16: Panic

In the afternoon, Yan Muxing rushed to the school, only to find that Yu Yuan's seat was empty.

"Sir, where is Yu Yuan?" Yan Mu hurriedly asked the husband after school was over.

"Don't you know?" The husband looked a little surprised, "Yu Yuan only studied for half a day."

"Half a day?" Yan Mu was silly.

Yu Yuan didn't tell her.

There was an egg hidden in her little schoolbag, which was left to her by Yan's father. She was reluctant to eat it, but wanted to keep it for Yu Yuan.

"Zhang Liehu asked him to do farm work in the afternoon, so Yu Yuan could only study for a long time." Mr. sighed.

"Yan Mu, you and Yu Yuan have a good relationship. If you meet him when you go back, you will help him make up lessons." Mr. said, "I also have the homework assigned today. Please tell Yu Yuan, too."

"good."

Yan Mu nodded solemnly, and walked towards the house with inflexible steps.

She was still limping when she started walking because her legs were still not well.

I heard that Zhang Goudan also injured his left leg.

…What a coincidence.

Yan Mu sighed in her heart. It didn't take long before she met Yu Yuan at the edge of the field.

The scorching sun was like fire, and the young man worked with his back hooked, his clothes already soaked.

The black hair was wet with sweat and pressed against his white, almost transparent face.

"Yu Yuan!" Yan Mu waved at him.

Yu Yuan straightened up, looking towards Yan Mu.

Yan Mu found a shade and squatted under the shade and said, "Mr. Let me help you make up the lesson."

Hearing this, Yu Yuan stopped what he was doing. He patted the dirt on his body and walked to the side to wash his face.

The sun was scorching, and his lips were thirsty.

After washing his face, he took a handful of clear water and prepared to drink.

"Wait." Yan Mu hurriedly stopped, she took out her little water bottle, "You drink this."

The kettle is filled with cool and boiled water.

Although there is no industrial pollution in this era, drinking raw water directly is still risky.

If Yu Yuan died of a parasitic infection and caused his mission to fail, it would be too unlucky.

Thinking about this, Yan Mu added another sentence: "Don't drink raw water anymore. If you are thirsty, you can drink my water."

Yu Yuan's expression was a bit complicated. He looked at Yan Mu's face carefully, trying to see something from that face.

But Yan Mu's expression was extremely calm, and Yu Yuan looked at it for a long time and didn't see anything.

Yu Yuan didn't take the kettle right away, but asked indifferently, "Are you doing this to everyone?"

"Huh?" Yan Mu was stunned.

Yu Yuan looked at Yan Mu straightforwardly, meaning that Yan Mu would not drink water if he didn't answer.

"No, I only care about you." Yan Mu said frankly.

Only Yu Yuan was the target of her mission. Except for Father Yan, the others had really little to do with her.

"..."