Chapter XXXII: Hanging by a Thread

A few months after Kol had the call from Klaus, still no sign of Hilda showing up. He was starting to worry. He was looking forward to seeing her and she didn't even show up. He was currently going to the Gilbert house where Jeremy and his new girlfriend Abby, were waiting for him. They had something to discuss and it made him curious.

Knocking on the door Jeremy showed up to open it.

"Kol. Come in." He invited. Kol gave him a look, a bit on edge, the feeling that someone was watching and then followed by the fact that Jeremy looked off. Abby popped up as Kol walked into the little house.

"What did you two need?" Kol asked. His body stiff.

"Is it true that you have turned a ton of vampires over the years?" Abby asked him, her voice was abnormally nasally and annoying.

"Uh- Yeah. I suppose so." He looked over to Jeremy who had left the two for a moment before returning. Kol knew what this was. "Jeremy...Think about what you are planning. Is it smart?" He reasoned. He was prepared to kill both of them if he needed too.

"If he kills you, that kills your whole line of Vampires. His Hunters mark would be complete." Abby spoke up. Jeremy nodded, mindlessly. Kol knew what this was, Abby had spelled Jeremy, but with what?

"What did she do to you, Jer? You know this won't end well. For non of you." Kol tried to reason. Jeremy ignored him, jumping at him with a White oak stake, aiming for the heart. Kol dodged his attack, running into the kitchen to try and prevent himself from killing the younger Gilbert. He had actually been becoming slightly friends with him until Abby showed up. Jeremy came into the kitchen, Abby close behind him. Mind control? She wasn't a vampire, so maybe a witch? She had to be close to Jeremy for it to work, it seemed. Jeremy tackled Kol to the ground, both hands on the stake that was over his heart. Kol fought against the young hunter, pushing back.

"Jeremy.." Kol snapped his gaze from Jer to the new person in the room. Hilda stood there. In all of her glory. She looked beautiful.

 Jeremy looked up to see Hilda standing there

Jeremy looked up to see Hilda standing there. "Jeremy, you don't need to do this." She told him, stepping closer. Abby looked over to her, confused.

"I have to. I can't get rid of the need to kill Elena." Jer told her. He was still pushing at the stake.

"Kill me then." This made Kol look at her like she was crazy. Jeremy and Abby did as well.

"It wouldn't work. You have no vampires in your sire line. You slept for years. Kol has hundreds." Hilda shook her head at him.

"I have been changing everyone of my victims for the past year. I have thousands under my belt. Thousands, Jer." She revealed. Kol stared at her, something was different about her. But what?

"But you won't die with a white oak stake." Abby told her. She remembers Jeremy telling her about this strange woman.

"Yes I will." This made Kol confused. Jeremy was as well. "I'm mostly Wolf and Vampire now. My elf never healed completely. It's literally hanging by a thread." She admitted. This had Kol shocked. Was that what was different about her? No. There was something else. Jeremy pulled away from Kol. Standing up and staying back.

"No. There has to be a better way. I can kill other vampires." Jeremy told them. Kol glanced to Abby to see she was shocked Jeremy was acting on his own right now as well. Kol sighed in relief, speeding over to Hilda and grabbing her into a tight hug.

"Where the hell have you been?!" He asked, well more so demanded. Hilda smiled at him, pressing a kiss to his lips.

"I've been around. Had some things to do before I showed up." She told him, pulling back and holding his hand with a smile. Kol noticed something. The spark. It was back. Klaus said it wasn't there when she was with him, but now, now she was truly back..

"Translatio." Kol heard Abby mutter, and before he could react, she plunged the White Oak stake deep into Hilda's back, hitting her right in the heart.

"NO!!" Kol and Jeremy shouted as Hilda was frozen, a gasp leaving her lips, as grey veins spread across her body. Her eyes losing the glassy spark that Kol had been so happy to see. Jeremy ran up to them and caught her body as it fell. Kol was busy glaring at Abby, ignoring the pain shooting through his body at this very moment.

"I had too. I'm sorry." She muttered as Kol charged her and snapped her neck. Instantly regretting killing her so quickly. The pain in his heart was spreading throughout his body, almost feeling like he was staked himself. His phone ringing snapped him out of his pained daze. Answering the phone, he could hear his brothers, all of them had felt their mate's death.

"She's gone." Kol backed up their worse nightmare.