ha. You catch me?

Clara's pov

I could feel him watching me but I acted as if he wasn't there. My phone buzzed again. I pulled it out. 'Stefan' the caller ID flashed. I was tempted to ignore it but changed my mind after thinking it over.

"Yes?" I asked calmly.

"Why didn't you answer the first time?" Damon spoke... wait... isn't stefan suppose to be the one calling?

"Damon what is it? I already came to this town for you dear brother choose your words carefully."

"Love you too sis." He said sarcastically.

"Not what I asked but good to know the feeling is mutual... I love me too." I said smiling but of course he could see it.

"I can practically see the sarcastic smile on your face with a hand on your hip." I looked down to see my hand on my hip. I took it off and continued to walk in the direction of mystic falls... or what I thought was the direction of mystic falls. If not I will just keep going till I'm on the road.

"Whatever Damon what do you want." I said again.

"Well me and stefan were talking and we thought that one way you could help keep an eye on elena is maybe... go to school."

I stated to laugh. I stopped walking and held my stomach as if actual started to hurt at how hard I was laughing. I even started to cry.

"Oh thank you Damon I needed a good laugh now... tell me what exactly it is you want?" When I didn't hear him speak I knew he wasn't kidding. "No" I said all humor gone.

"Why not?"

"Hmm. Well for one I never said I was here to protect the doppelganger. Two I am pretty sure know more than what that school could ever teach me. Three I said no. Four that means I would have to get up in the morning, aka not something that benefits you. Fifth -"

Ok ok I get it. And for someone who isn't here to protect elena I don't see a single scratch on her. Now if my memory is right she was linked with Katherine and had multiple. Stefan and me couldn't even get her to drink any of ours yet you did.. twice." Damon said as if he had won.

"Not my fault she likes me more than you. And yes I gave her some of my blood but that was because she was losing too much blood. And the second time she had a bruise all along one side of her face, how did you plan on explaining that one to everyone?"

"What about the vervain?"

"She lives with vampires or is with them 24/7 so I gave her some to have in her instead of just around her neck."

"Aww. Someone is growing soft."

"Ha. Your the one to talk." I said hanging up my phone before he could say anything else.

"You really think you could get to far without me catching up?" I turned around to see Elijah. His shirt was still un buttoned but I held myself back doing it for him.

"Please if I was running from you, you would never see me again until I wanted you to find me." I said crossing my arms.

"I could catch you." He said smirking.

"Ha. You catch me? Yeah righ-" just then elijah was in front of me with his hands on my hips.

"Caught you." He said amusement in his eyes. I scoffed and started to button his shirt, admiring him while doing so but hey I'm a woman we love are eye candy.

"I wasn't running." I said buttoning the last one. I patted his chest. "I'll see you around... maybe in a week." I said backing up as his hands dropped to his side's. He brought his hand to mine bringing to his lips kissing it lightly.

"Until then, miss clara."