★ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ~ [ Mʏsᴛᴇʀʏ ]

I dropped the bicycle that I had supposedly ‘burrowed’ from Eddie by the Oak tree beside the park. The time displayed on my phone as 12:45 pm. I checked for any text messages and took out the crumpled note from my pocket and read it once again.

𝘔𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 @ 1𝘱𝘮 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘬. 𝘜𝘴𝘶𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦. 𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘈𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰𝘰.
- 𝙀𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣

The note crunched in my hand as I read it. I pushed it back again onto my jean pocket and stood by the tree. I glanced at the park which was dark with a single street light illuminating by the edge. The oak tree was by the parks corner leaving only a little light to shine through it. The silence around me was strong enough enabling me to hear the wind howling.

I felt creeped out standing by the tree, especially under it, like I could see the branches stretching out like a weird creature. Uneasiness crept into my skin as I felt like someone was watching me. I glanced around only to find no one. My heart began pounding against my chest. Silently, I cursed Amber for not being here sooner. After what happened today at school, I had been paranoid the whole day. I had been a total disaster to be more precise. Eating like a robot and walking like a robot, thinking about it again and again endlessly. I mean who wouldn't, after seeing a black figure in the middle of your classroom that only you could see and no one else could? Sounds just like out of a horror movie or a book.

I was freaked out today to an extreme, it might sound a bit ‘overreacting’ but if anyone had been in my place, they would get it when they see it for real. The sounds and that white glowing eyes did not get out of my head. No matter how hard I tried to not think of it : the more I was lured to think about it. It was like me and my thoughts had a game of tug of war and every single time, my thoughts won.

I tried to think of something else but of course, It came back again, the whole memory of me in that class. The whistling sounds. The whispering soft noise. The scratches. And the Black. Fuckin. Figure. I could still remember it crystal clear, the way it stood and the way it caught me looking and the way its hard gaze fell upon me. I shuddered at the thought of seeing something like that again. Especially right now.

‘𝘏𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘌𝘮𝘮𝘢. 𝘏𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴.’

I tried to change my thoughts as I looked around trying to calm my nerves down. My hand automatically started fidgeting with the black colored bracelet my mother got me for my 11th birthday.

My fingers slowly grazed against the cold tree and stopped at the three letters carved onto it. ‘E+A+E’. Unknowingly, I broke into a small smile as the memories of our first meeting came into my mind. This park was the place we spent most of our time together, when young. Playing by the swings and jumping around the monkey bars like three little monkeys. We were always there for each other, no matter what.

The cold wind brushed against my skin breaking my thoughts. I checked my phone once again, no messages. I got even more frustrated at Amber and Ethan. The uneasy feeling never left me, I decided to go to the park. I stopped at the the entrance debating to go in or not but ended up going in. I didn't want to stand under that tree, especially feeling as if someone is waiting, watching me.

The park was empty, obviously. I strolled towards the bench checking my phone again. The street lights were enough to shower a little light throughout the park making it easier for me to navigate inside. I sent a message to Amber and Ethan that I'll leave if they aren't here in a few more minutes. The silence was deafening enough to make me feel even more uneasy and creeped out.

A squeaking sound erupted by the swings that I quickly tilted my head towards it wide eyed.

𝑁𝑜, 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛. 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛. 𝑁𝑜𝑡 𝑎𝑡 𝑎 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠.