• 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 •

Y/N Berkshire;

Dead. Everything feels dead. My flowers Cedric gave me, dead. The Manor is dead silent and I can still smell the lingering stench of baby deer blood. A simple reminder every time I turn over. Everything just feels numb. After Cedric proposed to me, everything just went silent as if there was a timer on my life. I stare at the blank wall in my room until I have enough motivation to move. Every night is a mess. Father has grown a habit of yelling at every inconvenience. My mother tolerates it but I don't. We've been fighting a bit, he says that I'm being "lazy" with my task he's given me. It's been a week with cloudy weather. I bet the Riddles are in heaven.

I wonder the halls aimlessly just thinking. I have no plans today but to dread the answer to Cedric. As I retrace my steps throughout the manor all I hear is the clicks from under my shoe. I would go to my only source of comfort but the weather is truly dreadful. Even the birds in the morning are depressed.

I head in the kitchen to see a familiar figure. It's a basket filled with, of course, bread. I love sudden carbs but I know who it's from. I open the letter.

Dearest Y/N,

I just wanted to inform you that my family and I will be leaving tomorrow for a business trip. I would greatly appreciate it if you would respond to me about...yesterday. I've been thinking about it all afternoon. I look forward to seeing you again.

Xoxo,
-D

I hate the word "Xoxo".

Just as I thought. There really is a "timer on my life". I have no answer for him yet. I would go outside to my willow tree but it's raining and if I did I bet Cedric would find a way to catch me. I don't hate him! Not at all, he's a very nice guy but I just think We're way too young for marriage. My mother strongly thinks otherwise. Marrying him would be good for the family, but I don't think we need that much bread.

____________________________

As the day passed the rain has stopped. I've been walking in the gardens to avoid my father and Cedric. Although the pouring has stopped, the gloomy air still continues. My toes carry a rock while strolling around, kicking it until I loose it. The Riddles Manor has been attracting lots of attention. The daily reads are all over that and quite frankly I am as well. I glance every now and then to the building. I've been hearing large crowds. They are most likely having a party. No surprise we weren't invited. I scoff and scroll away.

I find myself in the front of the property rolling my hoodie up from my coat. The mail man strolls by in a carriage. He reaches in his bag and gives me a large pile of mail. I widen my eyes at the bunch. I thank him and he is on his way.

As I'm walking away with the mail in my hands I see more and more people walking in the Riddle Manor. I crease my eyebrows at the sight. I sense and angel and a devil on my shoulder. One is telling me to just go on with my business and give the mail to my father, or to crash the party. Today just needs a bit of  excitement after all. I run to the house, drop off the mail and run back.

I second guess going inside. I'm right in front of the gates. Don't be dumb. I think to myself. I decided to head through the back. As I scatter away the grass is really blowing my cover. Each step creates a crunch. They never take care of their lawn. I softly scoff.

When I finally reach the back I don't see any entries, only a giant brick wall. Great. But I do see a window. I slowly approach the window. Of course it's open. I feel like I'm in a book or something. I think to myself. This party doesn't seem so exclusive if the window is open. I hop through very sloppily as my foot hangs out getting stuck on a nail. When I eventually get it out, I stare in familiarity. I'm in the dining room where we had our little meeting. Upon the window entrance, I know exactly where I'm going. I've taken in my surroundings and try to think of my next move. There is murmuring and and shoes dragging on the floor as the party in the main room continues. I cant get to the main stair case. Too many people. I start to consider going back.

CRASH! plates drop and shatter. I stand there frozen  as I slowly look back to see who it was. If it was the person I had in mind, I would be dead. I look back to see a scared innocent maid. She is rushing to get all the plate shards cleaned off the floor. "I'm terrible sorry ma'am! Please forgive me! I d-didn't mean to drop the plates. Please forgive m-"

"No worries. Please be on your way now." I said calmly trying to act like one of the party members. She scurries off leaving trails of glass behind her. I'm not sure what to do next. I stand there blank minded and realize if I stay here long enough, I'll get caught. I look behind me seeing where the maid came from. A narrow hall leading up to the second floor. I suppose this is how maids travel as they are not to be seen by any guest or even house owners if they please. I quickly head up as more people start to enter the estate.

My steps softly contact each step as I make my way up the stair case. I reach the top not so long and as I predicted, the second floor. There are so many doors along the wall of the second floor. Along with that a large green carpet lining my way to doom. I hear someone coming up and quickly jump into one of the rooms. I slam the door behind me leaving me panting anxiously with my back to the door. I take time to calm myself down and figure out where I am.

Its a bedroom. A king size bed with layers and layers or black, white, and green covers. The wood on the bed in dark and has a masculine look to it. The carpet has a very interesting design that draws your eyes attention. There is only a single desk with a pen and ink. The whole room is very dull but elegant. The smell is of smoke and leather. Another door leading towards a restroom I suppose. I see a velvet robe hanging right outside. I approach the door to further investigate the robe. It is of fine velvet and the inside lined with silk. It is definitely a high price. I notice something in bordered on the robe.

"M.R"

Sh*t.

My eyes widen. Not with fear or panic but with opportunities. The gesture he gave to me last week was very entertaining. I thought I would return the favor. I know exactly what I'm going to do. I happen to have lipstick on. I kiss his pillow and his door. Leaving my now special mark. With no time I grab the ink off his desk, surprisingly full, and pour it all over his bed. I smirk as the ink sinks in. As I'm going to pour more I hear a click. Now I'm in a panic. I imagine it's the front door but a rush of steam hits my back. I flinch at the hot feeling. It was very cold outside so how did I feel heat? I turn around and see steam coming out from the restroom. I freeze.

"Making messes are we?"

He stands there. Towel on his waistline. Another towel rubbing his hair. I just stare. Hand dripping in ink as he smirks with such delight. I hate that smirk.

"I don't think you were invited to the party princess. You are very out of your comfort zone."

"I'm very comfortable thank you." I say slyly.

"Get out." He states. I stare blankly not knowing how to respond. As is, I wasn't going to leave.

"Leave. NOW!" I still don't budge. He approaches me abruptly. I duck and grab him in a hold taking out my dagger from inside my thigh high socks. The metal cold to the touch, touching his skin. He shivers. I smirk.

"I can kill you in one swipe if I wanted to." I state.

"Do you want to?"

"Yes. I do."

___________________________________

AHHH THIS WAS MY BEST CHAPTER SO FAR

And the longest 😋

Hope you guys liked it! Sorry I left you guys on a cliff hanger

Thank you guys so much for reading! More updates coming soon ;)

Make sure to vote🖤