Chapter 5

"Okay, let's get this straight. So, the person you accidentally walked on while he was *cough* turns out to be your new best friend's best friend?" Amelia asked as they sat in the corner most table of a local cafe.

"Yes." Sherlyn sighed.

It has been exactly 51 minutes 21 seconds since Sherlyn met Amelia Davis, the barista in the local cafe near her college. They hit it off immediately, Amelia's warm and friendly nature immediately enveloped Sherlyn like one of the warm hugs in the frosty winter. After meeting her Sherlyn realised that how badly she was in a need of a friend.

"So, is it like you got hots for him?"

"Eww...no!" Sherlyn replied immediately. "He is such a man whore, bloody skirt chaser. Why would I even look at him."

"Well, Sweetie..." Amelia said calmly, "If you don't look at him, how the hell did you get to know he was always staring at you!" She exclaimed.

"Well...that..." Sherlyn searched for the answer.

"The answer is you are staring at him as much as he at you." Amelia dead panned.

"But... I don't like him." Sherlyn answered.

"Whatever makes your boat sail." Amelia rolled her eyes.

"So, what are you doing today?" Sherlyn asked as she got to know Amelia only works in the cafe in the evenings.

"Going home to hit the sack." Amelia answered as she pulled her red hair into a messy ponytail.

"It's 9AM!" Sherlyn scrunched her nose.

"I know Sweetie, but I have my semesters starting next week and a lot of assignments to do. And I am working night shifts, so gotta rest in the morning." Amelia smiled as she tapped Sherlynn's nose with her index finger.

Amelia is a hotel management student, who studies in the college in uptown, much to Sherlynn's disappointment of not having her in the same college.

"Fine, have a sound sleep." Sherlyn said gathering her stuff from the table. "And say my thanks to Hazel." She grinned.

Hazel is Amelia's co-worker at the cafe, who took a leave in the last minute, asking Amelia for the favour, to cover her shift. If not for her Sherlyn wouldn't have met Amelia Davis.

"I am glad I found a friend today, see you soon, Sherry." Amelia smiled as she wrapped Sherlyn in a hug. "I will let her know."

"Me too." Sherlyn smiled and walked to the college.

"Hey Marcie, how are you feeling today?" Sherlyn asked as she took seat beside her in the Sociology class.

"Terrible." Marcie groaned. "I have the worst possible hangover from Rosalie's party last night."

"I take that the party was great then."

"It was great and all, but my head pains like a bitch even after gallons of coffee and Painkillers." Marcie shook her head.

"What about Johan? How is he?" Sherlyn enquired about her boyfriend who accompanied her to the party last night.

"That asshole is fine, he stayed sober last night, so he could drive me home." Marcie smiled slightly, "He is at home cleaning the mess I made last night, in his apartment. He doesn't have any classes until afternoon today."

"He is a sweetheart, isn't he?." Sherlyn felt really happy that Marcie found a nice guy like Johan.

"That he is." Marcie blushed.

"Good Morning class." Professor Ashford said cutting their conversation short.

"Sherry... Sherry..." Nicholas whispered as Sherlyn was taking down the notes in Professor Luciana's literature class.