Happily Flustered

"You... love me?"

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I mutter a fond "George," and his eyes meet mine. "Of course I do. That's why I get so flustered around you all the time. That's why I'm always wanting to be near you, always blushing, always flirting. It's because I do, I love you."

George's exhale blows across my face. "I... I didn't realize."

Well... say something. Tell my you love me back, tell me you hate me. What... what?

George's lips meet mine again. My eyes go wide before I close them again and deepen the kiss. It was a wet kiss. It was a passionate kiss. We only separate a second time to breathe. 

"I think I love you too," he mutters.

I smile. "Well then, George Davidson, will you be my boyfriend?"

The edges of his mouth rise into a smile. "Yes I will."

He engulfs me in a hug and we both fall back into the water. Bubbles rush to the surface, past our skin, through our hair, to burst on the surface. We both exit the water and Sapnap looks down at us.

"You're both smiling like idiots," he comments. We look at each other and laugh because we really were smiling stupidly.

"Are you together yet?"

We laugh again. "Yes," I tell Sapnap through my laughter.

He breaks into a grin. "YES! Finally! I'm a true 3rd wheeler." He jumps over our heads and splashes into the water, spraying us. When he emerges he swims over to us and wraps his arms around our shoulders.

"So... what now? Georgie moving in with you?"

My smile fades and I look at George. He is looking up in pondering. 

"I wouldn't mind that, babe." He winks at me. My cheeks turn red. 

Sapnap chuckles. "Well we still have whole week of the dream team so lets do this!" He shoves both of us under water. 

* * *

It took me about three days to convince George to go on an official date with me. He was stubborn and kept telling me, "Let's wait till Sapnap leaves." 

I would just roll my eyes and tell him Sapnap wouldn't care. 

"Sapnap is only here for two more days. Can you not wait that long for me?"

"George, I had to wait this long. How much longer do I have to wait?"

Sapnap finally convinced him that he would be fine for one night while we went on a date. George reluctantly agreed and now I was in my room trying to decide what to wear. 

I had booked a fancy restaurant by the beach and told George to dress nice. I hadn't even thought of what I was supposed to wear. I look through my closet full of endless amounts of hoodies. I finally make to the back and find a black suit coat. I pull it out and throw it over the black button down I had put on hours ago. Sapnap had turned it down and said I needed a nice jacket. I couldn't even figure out how to tie my tie. It was maroon, and slung over my neck as I tied my shoes. 

George knocks on my bedroom door and I look up from my shoes as he walks in. He was wearing a dark blue suit coat with a blue and white striped tie. My jaw drops as he leans on the doorway. 

"Like what you see?" he asks with a smug look on his face. 

My face turns red and I stand up. "Oh shut up."

"Hey, you look pretty good yourself. You didn't tie your tie."

I look down at my tie hanging from my neck. "Yeah?"

"Need help?"

"...yeah."

George smiles and walks over to me. I tower over him as he fixes my tie and starts tying nots at looping it. I watch his skill and feel jealous. I've never really had to tie a tie before. I really only wore sweatpants and t-shirts. 

He finishes. "There!" He steps back to take a look but I grab his waist. 

"Thank you kiss?"

His eyes lock with mine, a tinge of pink on his cheeks. "I guess." He is smiling as our lips touch. 

* * *

We make it to the restaurant and find our seats easily. They hand us the menus and leave us at our table. I'm sitting across from him. I look up from the menu and catch him already looking at me. He blushes and looks back to his menu. 

"George," he looks back up. "Do you know how hard my life would be around you if I was still cursed?"

"Pretty difficult," he mutters with a smile. 

I nod my head. "I'm happy you're mine."

He reaches his hand across the table and I grab it. He squeezes my fingers. "Me too."

My heart flutters. 

George was the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me. He showed me what it was like to fall in love, he showed me how much of a simp I was, he made me smile, and blush, and shrink into a blob, and he brings butterflies to my stomach when he smiles. I couldn't have asked for anyone better.

And the best part was that he was always leaving me flustered. 

THE END! 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR READING! I hope you like the ending. I have a little bonus chapter after this just because I love you guys so much. So keep reading, and also stick around for the announcement for the other story I've been working on and will be releasing soon. :) I LOVE YOU!!

952 words