119. dancing queen

"WAKE UP, MY LOVE," was the first thing Claudia heard as she woke up on the sunny Sunday that was her 17th birthday

The girl cracked a small smile, the sun shining on her face as she finally opened her eyes only to meet warm brown ones immediately.

"Happy birthday," Remus said, his smile only growing as hers did.

"Thank you," Claudia said, trying her hardest to not burst from all the happiness she felt from being tangled in Remus' arms in her warm bed.

"How does it feel to be 17?" He asked, bringing her even closer to him by wrapping his arms tighter around her waist.

"The same," she said. "But different."

"The same but different?" Remus questioned with an amused smile and a raise of his eyebrows.

"Well, it's the same," she shrugged. "But it's different. I'm 17, so I'm of age. And all my other birthdays since forever have been shitty but now I'm here with you and things feel like they're gonna be fine."

"Which they are," he smiled. "I'm gonna make this the best birthday you could possibly ask for, my dancing queen, so let's start off on the right foot!"

With one swift motion, the boy grabbed onto Claudia's waist and somehow moved her over so that she suddenly was on top of him.

"That good?" He asked with a grin.

"Perfect," she smiled, placing both of her hands on his cheeks and leaning down to kiss him on the nose. "You know you just called me dancing queen?"

"Sure did," Remus laughed. "You're 17 now, so it's only right. We did the same to Sirius."

"I bet he loved that."

"Honey, loved would be an understatement," Remus chuckled, brushing some hair from her face before finally kissing her so softly that she felt nothing but fireworks as they both smiled into the kiss, his hands roaming all over her.

"Stop," said Claudia, breaking the kiss and scaring the boy who wanted to be as careful as possible, only to laugh slightly which only caused confusion on him.

"Why're you laughing?"

"I'm just saying," she shrugged. "I'm technically an adult now, and you are not so maybe-"

"Now you're the one who's being a tease," Remus pointed out. "Kiss me?"

"Alright," Claudia giggled, leaning down and kissing him again, only to break it. "You're-"

"Shut up," Remus chuckled, melting into her again and then just allowing her to wrap herself around him as they lay in silence for a while.

"Can we stay here all day?" Claudia asked quietly as they intertwined their fingers.