Chapter 2

Camila sat in her car for what felt like forever, watching the stream of people go into the banquet hall. All of them dressed in elegant suits and dresses, it was clear they were here to impress their old classmates.

Huffing, Camila got out of the car. "It's just two hours. You'll be fine! Gwen got you the nice champagne at the hotel, it'll be fine." She tried to convince herself.

The DJ continued playing his worst playlist as everybody mixed and mingled with one another. Camila walked to the open bar where she ordered herself some whiskey in hopes the reunion would go by faster if she was drunk.

"Thank you," Camila tipped the bartender before taking her drink. She avoided making eye contact with Dinah when she sees the tall blonde woman walk in, Normani attached to her side and a woman she'd never seen in her entire life staying close to them.

"Hey," Dinah's chirpy voice drew some of her attention away from her drink. "Getting started already?"

Camila snorted. "You couldn't have possibly thought..." She froze when she finally looks in Dinah's direction, not expecting to see intimidating emerald eyes staring right back at her. "...That I was going to be sober during this entire thing."

Who the hell is this woman?

"Ralph here," Dinah patted the green-eyed woman on the back. "Is going to be our designated driver for the night. So, she and Normani are just going to make sure we don't do anything stupid."

"I don't need anyone to babysit me," Camila chuckled. "I can handle my liquor,"

"I'm sure you can," the woman mumbled under her breath, annoyance written all over her face.

"I'm Camila. Camila Cabello." She held out her hand. "And you are?"

"Lauren," was the unenthusiastic response she gets.

Normani cleared her throat. "Lauren and I are going to find Ally, make sure to answer your phone if I call you."

"Got it," Dinah nodded. Once Normani was out of earshot, she glared at Camila. "Stop flirting with Ralph,"

"I'm not flirting," Camila said defensively. "I just wanted to know who she was,"

"You were looking at her with those 'I-want-to-fuck-you' eyes! Quit it! She just got out of a bad breakup and doesn't need an asshole like you right now."

Camila rebuttoned her jacket as she held her drink with her other hand. "You used to boss me around all the time on the court even though I was your captain. Nice to know things don't change."

"Eh, you were an easy target back then,"

"Go to hell, Dinah Jane," Camila grinned. "But, seriously, who is she?"

"You don't recognize her?"

Camila shook her head. "She looks kind of familiar,"

"That's Lauren Jauregui, she dated Nick in high school. That one nut head quarterback? Ring a bell now?"

"I knew it," Camila snapped her fingers repeatedly as she tried to recall more information. "She used to wear blue all the time and carry around that stupid book."

"It's her favorite book," Dinah grabbed a glass of champagne for herself. "She stayed in Miami after graduation until Normani convinced her to come here."

"Was the guy that bad?"

"He's worse than you could ever imagine," she responded vaguely.

"What does she do for a living now?"