Chapter 30 - The Outside

Violence and Assault warning ⚠️
————————————————————————

"You can still save... Blythe... Give me... Your body...your soul.."

"Blythe is dead... You're not her..."

"You will give me your..."

(E/C) eyes shot open, she breathed heavily as sweat droplets rolled down her face.

'What happened...?' She felt really drowsy and dizzy as the world around her spun. It felt like her head weighed a ton and if she was to get up, she'll only make it worse. She closed her eyes tightly and chanced her luck by slowly grabbing onto something metal and pulling herself up, taking her time to do so as her head pounded. What even happened to her?

She huffed out a breath when she lay back on what felt like hard leather. Opening up an eye, she was met with a dim interior. Rows of seats were in front of her and at the very end was a broken steering wheel and a tipped over driver's seat that was hanging by a very worn down seatbelt. Confused, her eyes then wandered all over the area around her. She was at the very back of whatever she was in and the leather seat she was sitting on was ripped in many places, exposing the stuffing and other materials on the inside. She looked at the metal pole she was holding onto and it was rusted over and bent in all directions.

(Y/N) observed her surroundings some more as her brain finally started to register her predicament. Her last memories before Ki did something to her, running from the loose demons, being faced to faced with I9. Her eyes widened as she turned to a dirty window next to her and peaked out.

There was a street below her with an outdated overturned car and it was covered in leaves and ivy that sprouted from the cracks in the street and the ivy was spreading from the buildings to signs and everywhere else. She felt another throb in her head and she cringed at the feeling, looking away from the window to rub her tired head. When she looked back, however, her eyes were met with familiar black ones that watched her closely.

She yelped and backed away from the window to the opposite side, her back hitting the broken window behind her. She watched the dark figure walk along the many windows towards a door at the other end. That's when she finally realized where she was.

She was inside a bus. A very old, worn down city bus that she recognizes seeing from museums. Specifically, the old world sections.

If she was inside one...

The door creaked opened and the quiet footsteps of the figure made (Y/N) duck behind the seat in front of her. She tried her best to be small and to hold her shaky breath as the figure began making its way towards her. Her eyes darted everywhere for somewhere to run but she was trapped, the windows were too small to squeeze through and the only door was towards the front. Her eyes landed on her backpack resting where she was unconscious and she remembered that there was a pocket knife inside one of the pockets.

Before she could quickly reach for it, a hand gripped the seat she was hiding behind while the other grabbed her backpack without seeing her. Through the dark, she could make out a very familiar person and her heart seemed to settle but her guard remained the same.

Ki looked at the spot he left her, confused. He just saw her inside so where could she have gone? He looked through the windows and saw nothing and then looked around him till he spotted her small body hiding between seats. He smiled and crouched down to somewhat meet her height but she looked afraid. He noticed her body shaking and how she tried inching further into the seats away from him, it made him frown. "Are you alright?" He whispered.