Chapter 25: Goodbye for now

Mara and Natasha were cuddled up on their bed in the middle of a watching The Color Purple, when there was a knock at the door. Mara reluctantly let go of Natasha and walked to the door.

When she opened it she was met with a smiling Steve. "I talked to King T'Challa and you are more than welcome in Wakanda. We're leaving tomorrow morning at seven." He said, to which Mara nodded.

Steve walked away and Mara closed the door, making her way back to the bed and wrapping her arms around her girlfriend. "So I guess this really is our last night together for a while" she spoke.

"Yeah I guess it is." Natasha didn't really know what else to say. They continued watching their movie before heading to sleep. They held each other closer than one would think possible and fell asleep soon after.

The next morning, Mara woke up around six to her alarm going off. She cursed silently and shut off the noise, careful not to wake her girlfriend in the process. 

She did not want to get out of the comfort of her girlfriend's arms, but knew she had to get ready.

She slipped out of Natasha's grasp and made her way to the bathroom, getting in the shower.

Once she was done in the bathroom, she walked back out and saw Natasha awake in their bed. "Sorry, did I wake you?" She apologised.

"Not really, but I did miss you next to me when I woke up" the redhead smiled. Mara chuckled and walked over to her girlfriend, giving her a quick kiss on the lips.

Natasha groaned at the shortness of the kiss. "If you brush your teeth, you'll get a longer kiss" Mara said with a wink, to which Natasha jolted out of bed and rushed to the bathroom. 

Mara laughed at her girlfriend's antics and went downstairs to the kitchen, where she was greeted by Steve.

"Good morning Mara" he said.

"Morning" she greeted back with a smile.

She made herself and Natasha a healthy breakfast with yoghurt, granola and some toast before putting it on a tray and taking it to their room.

As she entered, Natasha walked out of the bathroom freshly showered. She held up the tray signalling breakfast was ready and set it down at their desk.

Natasha quickly walked over to Mara. "Remember what you promised me?" She said with a smirk before grabbing Mara's chin and kissing her.

The kiss was passionate and full of emotion, as they both knew they wouldn't be able to do this for a long time. Their lips once again moving in a perfect dance before they both pulled away breathless.

"Come on, let's eat breakfast before I won't be able to contain myself and end up throwing you on the bed." Mara chuckled causing Natasha to bite her lip. They both sat at the desk and ate breakfast in a comfortable silence.

When they finished eating, the couple made their way downstairs and towards the quinjet, where Steve was waiting for Mara. Natasha couldn't join them on the journey due to work.

"You ready Morozov?" Steve asked Mara. "As ready as I'll ever be" she sighed and turned to Nat.

"Take care of yourself for me and make sure you call whenever you miss me" the brunette said. "I will. Promise me you'll be safe and that you get back to me as soon as possible." She said as a tear threatened to fall.

"I promise. I love you."

"I love you too."

They shared a sweet kiss before Mara and Steve got inside the quinjet, waving one last time to Natasha as they took off towards Wakanda.