Year 3 Part 3 (chapter 13)

Word count: 1.3k
Warning: Mentions of execution

Severus sighs. Great, another day of teaching dunderheads... And not just any dunderheads - Potter and Weasley's class.

Thank Merlin that Y/L/N and Draco will be there. Otherwise, he would probably not survive.

Well, at least he will make Longbottom cry...

As always, Severus dramatically enters the Potions classroom. Y/L/N and Draco are sitting next to each other in the front.

The boy's arm is bandaged. Severus suspects that it isn't needed - the boy is just being dramatic.

Longbottom is sitting in one of the corners in the back of the room. Granger is sitting between Potter and Weasley.

The Potions Master strolls towards the teacher's desk. He then turns around to face the students. "Today you will be brewing the Antidote to Common Poisons. Pay very close attention, this could save your life someday. Begin" he orders.

All the students quickly do as he says and gather a cauldron as well as the needed ingredients.

As they are brewing, Severus notices Longbottom being deep in thought. The boy suddenly smiles.

"Yeah, that works" he quietly says to himself.

Puzzled, Severus decides to use Legilimency on him. He scowls at what he's seeing.

The dunderhead is thinking of his Potions Master in his grandmother's clothes in order not to be afraid...

Severus strolls over to him and slams his hands on the table. The boy gasps.

"Daydreaming, are we, Longbottom? Five points from Gryffindor" Severus says through gritted teeth.

The Gryffindor boy looks like he's in tears. Good. Nobody thinks of Severus Snape in an old lady's clothing without consequences.

As all the students seem concerned while looking at them, their professor growls. "What are you all looking at? Get back to work!" he snaps.

They all quickly divert their attention back to their cauldrons.

It doesn't even surprise Severus that Y/L/N, Draco and Granger are the first ones to finish their potions. He inspects their work.

"Excellent job, Ms. Y/L/N, Mr. Malfoy. Ten points to Slytherin" he announces, praising his favourite students.

Draco smirks as he looks at Potter who frowns.

Severus doesn't even bother looking at Granger's potion - he knows it's perfect, but he refuses to give points to Gryffindor.

He also doesn't bother looking at Potter's and Weasley's potions, the same with Longbottom's. It hasn't exploded... yet.

"Class dismissed" he states.

All the students quickly leave without even cleaning up after themselves... Dunderheads. Severus sighs in irritation.

He notices that Y/L/N is still there. "Well, it seems like you will need help with cleaning after the students, professor" she offers as she shyly smiles at him.

He nods. "If you would be so kind, Ms. Y/L/N" he says.

Nodding, the girl immediately gets to work. Not long after, all the cauldrons and unused ingredients are back where they belong. The tables have even been wiped clean.

Severus hums. "Well done, Ms. Y/L/N. I couldn't have done a better job myself. I understand if you do not wish to organise the shelves now that you have practically cleaned the entire classroom" he says.