A Sign in the Stars

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

I lean against the rock, feeling the cold it spreads but it's nothing in comparison to what I feel within myself. I've shut down completely, almost.

The fire I've started has long since gone out and the empty fields around me is filled with nothing but the light of a million stars. I look up at them blankly as Ashara whimpers in her sleep beside me.

I close my eyes, wishing I could fall asleep and never wake up. To be rid of the nightmare that is life. The dead get off lucky and the living must continue suffering. I wish I was joining the dead.

Slowly, I arise, walking in the field of tall grass, feeling the cool wind blow gently though the tears in my clothes, making my skin crawl.

A lonely little tree stands in the middle of the grassy hill. It too sways in the soft wind, what little remains of it's leaves. I touch the dried out bark, feeling that it's dead.

Just like everything and everyone else.

I slide down, sitting on the ground and leaning against the tree.

"And who are you, the proud lord said..."

I mumble absentmindedly, staring up at the stars.

"Yes now the rains weep o'er there halls...and not a soul to hear..."

A single tear slides down my cheek as I rest my head against the tree, closing my eyes.

"Daenerys..."

I whisper, hoping to see her. To tell her everything that has happened and for her to tell me that everything is just a dream. To tell me that everything will be alright.

But it won't.

I can't see her. No matter how hard I try I see nothing but darkness.

"Why did you leave me? Why did everyone I ever care about leave me?"

I mutter, feeling overwhelmed with emotion as I break down, putting my face in my hands as I cry.

I don't know how long I stay this way but some lights shine briefly before disappearing. I look up at the sky in confusion. Another one. And another.

Shooting stars.

I watch as one after the other, the stars shoot across the sky, creating a bright blue streak for the briefest of moments. I watch in curiosity as the event continues on for several minutes. My eyes widen when I see one, one larger than the others, and it's violet in color.

I watch as the violet star rips across the sky, creating a purple streak stains the night sky.

I lean back against the tree in amazement after the little show was over. But my mind is reeling about how random that event was. I still remember watching the bleeding star in the sky all those years ago. Years? I don't even remember at this point.

Daenerys had said that the star came the night she had her husband, Khal Drogo, burned on a funeral pyre. The very same night that her dragons were born.

I slowly close my eyes, unable to think anymore as everything fades to darkness.

If only it stayed that way.

I open my eyes again, seeing a massive tower seemingly in the middle of a giant lake. Sounds of laughter come from inside as I slowly approach. I enter and feel as if the place itself is so warm and welcoming towards me. It's calling me to it. It feels like....

Home.

My eyes snap open and I see the purple streak across the sky still there. I look to the direction it came from and where it went. North to South. And what is in South for a Dayne such as myself?

Starfall.

~~~~~
A/N

I've been waiting for this part for so long. So Evelyn is now going to be traveling to Starfall which is way down South in Dorne.

I really hope you all enjoy this. Hopefully nothing bad like the Red wedding happens again....