xviii. feelings part two

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:

FEELINGS PART TWO

★ ★ ★

Time went by very slowly the moment they landed back on her bedroom floor in Merlen.

Louis was sure there was going to be something said, if not he was convinced that whilst they were gone aliens came and abducted the entire place. It must have been hours past the time they were supposed to be back, over five to be exact. His own head was pounding, and he was starting to feel ill. He needed to stand up, but he was sure if he did he would end up getting sick all over the place. His attention went to the overly drunk, loud individuals who were laughing at what the other was saying.

"Did you hear what he said?" Louis repeated, trying to help Aurora off the ground. The dress of hers was far too modern for the party and he was sure Hestia had put the dress she expected her to wear in here somewhere. He tried to stay focused himself, but he also felt rather out of it. "We all really should uh......sober up for the party."

"What party?" She asked.

"What?" Louis retorts, "The party for you, for your crowning."

"No one ever told me about that party."

"How drunk are you?" Louis asked, eyes flickering between Aurora and Luke. "How drunk are you two?"

"Like on a scale from here to here," Luke made a gesture with his hands. "We're like here."

"Damien is probably going to have smoke coming out of his head when he sees you two." Louis stressed, shaking his head. "

"You're drunk too!" Luke argued, hands waving in the air.

"Not your level of drunk," Louis seethed, rolling his eyes at the two of them. Guilt had eaten at his mind currently over the fact Runskin had been so close to getting to Aurora. It would have just seconds before he got to her and would have taken her away and that was his fault. He took a promise of the day of her arrival to protect the girl, he'd promise to, and she was almost taken again tonight. "Aurora, are you alright?"

She was holding her head, "He was in my head just minutes ago." And now, she had a bloody headache.

"This bloody place really is like a safe haven, isn't it?" Luke asked, referring to the fact this small island was powerful enough to keep Aurora hidden. "It's probably killing Runskin that he can't find you now again."

          "Hopeful it does kill him." She replied in a dreadful tone. She made a cutthroat figure with her hands and Luke laughed.

         "What are you looking all mopey for?" Aurora snorted out, keeping her eyes on Louis.