Past Comes To Haunt Us All

*Wesley's P.O.V*

I slammed my bedroom door shut. Life is a bitch.

My dad was shouting at me from downstairs but I didn't care.

Ignore him. I tell myself. You have practice in 20 minutes, just pack your bag and get out of here.

I began to pick out sports wear to put under my pads and grabbed long socks. In my pocket my phone began to ring, assuming it was CJ I picked up the phone, ready to vent about my past 3 bitchy days.

Instead I heard a voice on the other end of the phone that I didn't want to hear.

"Surprised you picked up."

Randy.

Damn I should have read the caller ID.

"What do you want jack-ass?" I questioned my voice cold.

No, I wasn't being rude. This was the bitch who constantly hurt CJ and threatened his girlfriend. Not to mention got me kicked out of my league.

"I just wanted to tell you the good news, I got in a hockey team and looking at the league roster we are on the same team." He said in a sarcastic voice.

I rolled my eyes and scuffed.

"I already know. " I said taking a look around my room annoyed.

I had mostly unpacked. My hockey pictures spread around my book shelf. First goal pucks hung on my wall. Anyone who entered would know almost everything about my past just by looking at my walls.

"Glad to here you know. I can't believe I'm playing in the Bellevue Trojans starting defense too." Randy said almost gloating his position.

"I wonder how long you'll keep it. Can you refrain from hitting teammates and girls?" I questioned fiddling with my bed sheet as I held the phone to my ear.

"I think I'll do just fine now that I'm in a position I deserve." Randy stated

I scuffed and went to reply but the sound of something hitting metal outside distracted me.

I walked over to my window and looked outside, Leah down the street was shooting pucks in her driveway. A puck must have hit the cross bar to make the metal sound.

Randy continued to talk on the phone but I blocked him out and looked at Leah. It had been 2 days sense our "fight" in the gym and she had kept true to her word about not talking to me.

I watched as she let another slap shot rip... God she was as good if not better than her brother at shooting, Jesus. I watched as she went top right, top left, then bottom right and left. Nailing each shot with aggression.

I continued to stare at her with amazement. Sure the guys told me she could play hockey but I had never seen evidence before, now I had. Jesus christ why didn't she play?

I watched her and made a mental note to ask her tomarrow when we met up for the project, she had to talk to me then.... hopefully.

I had enraged her and I new it, but it was really starting to get on my nerves that this girl didn't like me.

I quickly got out of my head when I heard Randy say my name over the phone. I almost forgot I was on a call with him.

"Look I have practice, call me never." I stated before ending the call and heading out my bedroom door.

Carefully I passed my dad in the living room and headed out the front door, grabbing my hockey bag I practically sprinted to my car for practice.

Words: 588