Chapter 12: Bucharest

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

📍𝙇𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙣, 𝙂𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝘽𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣

Steve and Sam went to Peggy's funeral. I stayed, not wanting to be close with death or funerals again. I decided to tag along with Natasha on her way to Vienna, stopping by London to see Steve on the way.

I waited outside, Nat and Steve having a private conversation I didn't want to intrude, so I just waited outside, leaning against the wall as I played with my rings.

"Anara." My headed whipped in the direction of the voice. "Nat told me you came." Steve walked to stand beside me, leaning against the wall.

"I would have come with you, but funerals aren't really my thing." He sent me a small smile, knowing I meant my family. "I'm going to go to this small café down the road, join me?" He asked, trying to make us feel better. "Actually I think someone wants to speak with you." I saw a blonde look over to Steve like she needed to speak with him.

"Sharon. Yeah, I should probably go." He gave me a hug before walking over to the woman.

I watched as the two walked off, not realising the presence next to me. "Ohhh. Rogers got a crush." He sung. I turned to face Sam, slapping his arm playfully. "And Sam's gonna get crushed." I singed back to him. His smile dropped, causing me snicker.

"Where are they off top anyways?"

"I don't know. Sharon? She wanted to talk to him." I shrug.

We stayed there for a bit before walking off to look around the area, waiting for Steve to return.

We sat in a nearby area, a ping went off on Sam's phone. I looked over, only to see that the meeting in Vienna blew up. Suspect was James Barnes. The Winter Soldier. In a rush we went to find Steve, following behind the Falcon in a hurry.

"Steve. There's something you gotta see." We quickly went to the agents hotel room, watching the news playout.

"A bomb hidden in a news van.." Sharon was on the phone behind us, pacing. "Ripped through the UN building in Vienna. More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations."
"I have to go to work." Sharon spoke up from in between Steve and myself.

We got on the jet, the two changing into regular clothing as we took a quick trip to Vienna.