one hundred - two centimeters

(I expect a lot of hate on this chapter, but the comment goal will remain the same at 51. Enjoy! Can't wait to see everyone's reactions~}

“And the tiger is unleashed,” Sasaki mused as Kagami meteor jammed above Akashi’s head, something the Rakuzan player hadn’t seen coming from the startled look on his face.

“Kagami..” Hyuuga was also surprised, his eyes wider than saucers. Then, as Sasaki observed the situation a reasonable distance away, Akashi’s expression returned to his usual blank stare as he glanced back at the redhead.

“Interesting,” Was all he said as Kagami whipped to face him, his own expression deathly serious as red sparks flowed from his pupils. “The Zone, huh?”

Another back and forth later, the redhead meteor jammed over Nebuya this time, gaining another two points for Seirin to make six while Rakuzan stayed at a pathetic zero. “Kagami-kun..” Kuroko mumbled, his eyes never leaving said person’s form.

Sasaki almost sighed. He understood that Kagami was trying to get a lead, trying to boost morale and all that stuff, but did he not realize it was literally the first minute of the first quarter? And did he, once again, not realize how much a toll the Zone took on his body when he was forced to exit after serving his time?

After a lovely block from the wild beast, Sasaki decided it was time and patted him on the shoulder as they were moving to offense. “Okay buddy, we’re gonna take a break,” He grinned, and suddenly Kagami was out of the Zone.

“Wha—hey!” He protested, but the azurette wasn’t having it as he held up a hand, stopping them both in their tracks.

“You really wanna be dead before halftime?” He deadpanned at him, causing the redhead to flinch, then look away, and pout. “Ataboy.”

“You’re a lil shit.”

“I’m two centimeters shorter than you.”

Suddenly, Riko called for a player substitution and pulled Kuroko out before he even got the chance to do anything. The azurette almost snorted at his face. “They’re subbing him out already?”

“I wanted to see him play more!”

“Ho boi,” Sasaki huffed, dribbling the ball next to him as Kagami jogged beside him. “Focus on offense for now, kay big guy?”

“You said yourself you’re only two centimeters shorter than me,” The redhead teased, bringing a pout to the point guard’s face.

“Just go get us points.”

“We’ll handle things back here while you charge ahead,” Hyuuga piped up, Kiyoshi and Mitobe also offering their support with nods. Soon enough, the clock ticked down from six minutes, Seirin at 11 to Rakuzan at 2.

Sasaki felt a shiver ripple down his spine as he heard Akashi’s authoritative voice saying for him and Kotaro to switch marks. That’s pretty mature of you, Seiji, he thought to himself. I was sure you weren’t going to let anyone else guard me in fear of something happening, but I’m actually relieved in a way.

“Friggin nuts,” Sasaki inhaled as he was fronted by Kotaro, the blonde’s expression wild, while Akashi fronted Kagami.

“You’re getting carried away,” Akashi smirked darkly. “Kagami Taiga.”

“Oh shoot, full name bomb,” Sasaki put a hand over his lips dramatically, drawing a sharp exhale out of his new mark.

“I like you, dude! Now then, are you gonna stand there forever or what?” Kotaro asked, his eyes raging with the want to play and go wild.

“Oh?” Sasaki’s expression darkened for a second, and each and every one of his boyfriends felt a chill for that one second, before his facial features returned to their normal bubbly stance. “As you wish~”

He’d been hearing Kagami yelling at him through his head, demanding the ball so that he could crush Akashi and take control of the game, so the ball headed in his direction. Catching it, the redhead and Akashi glared off for a moment before the ball was suddenly not in Kagami’s grasp anymore.

“So it was a bad idea after all,” Sasaki mumbled as he bolted, fronting Akashi in two seconds flat as the opposing point guard drove for the basket. “Sorry to disappoint, Seiji,” He narrowed his eyes, ready to react.

Then, he was on his butt and Akashi was making a layup. “So mean!” The azurette complained as he got up, pouting. Akashi passed him, looking a bit smug.

“Don’t worry, next time…” He trailed off, a smirk rising onto his lips. “I’ll make you kneel.”

There was a moment of silence between the two, just looking at each other, before Sasaki opened his mouth. “No dirty talk on the court, Seiji, ohmygawwwwd!” The point guard drawled, causing the captain to hum.

“I suppose I can wait.”

“Bastard,” Kagami growled.

“He’s a bit rough around the edges, but—”

“I was talking about you,” The redhead glowered at the azurette, stopping him in his track. “You want Akashi to win, don’t you?”

“What?” Sasaki was genuinely taken aback by his words, not having heard any semblance of them before the words were out of Kagami’s mouth.

“That’s why you took me out of the Zone, isn’t it? You wanted to let your dear boyfriend take home a win and then fuck you senseless, right? You’re such a whore for them you don’t even care about the team—”

“Stop,” Sasaki said, his voice shaking as his hair shadowed his face enough to block his expression.

“No, this has gone too far,” Kagami snarled, stalking up to him and grabbing the collar of his jersey

“No, this has gone too far,” Kagami snarled, stalking up to him and grabbing the collar of his jersey. “Why don't you help us win, and then I'll fuck you senseless instea—”

“Seirin, member substitution!” While they had been talking—more like Kagami yelling at Sasaki and Sasaki standing in silence—the ball had gone out of bounds and Riko had enough sense to request a player change.

“Sasaki-kun,” She called, and he walked off the court after slapping hands with Izuki, not making eye contact with anyone as he went over to the end of the bench and sat down.

“I don’t know about everyone else,” The point guard heard Koganei say as the male brought him a towel. “But I know there’s no way in hell that you’d ever even think that kind of stuff.”

“Thanks,” Was all the azurette could muster out of his mouth without his voice breaking. He couldn’t believe what he’d been accused of, and by Kagami no less. Swallowing his own saliva, hard, Sasaki let out a shaky breath.

Now, everyone on the court was thinking that that was what he had been doing, so he turned off his telepathy and tried not to cry. Riko’s eyes were on him, watching the usually goofball, straight standing guy now hunched over, trembling by himself. Away from the rest of the team.

He stayed that way until the end of the first quarter, Riko nor any of the others doing anything about it.