▪ Chapter 10 (E.R.) ▪

In short, the group ended up in the hospital. Hisako cried and sobbed with over the tiny scratch on her arm to the nurses while Izuku was put into the E.R.

     Katsuki was sitting in the lounge with his mother and father, along with Inko, however, she was comforting her daughter, cursing out her son. 

     "We're here to evaluate Ms. Hisako," the nurse sighed. It was late, but she needed to deal with the sobbing teenager who was sad about a small cut while her brother was having surgery. "We'll take her to the doctor even though the nurses have said that it was unnecessary."

     Hisako moved with a fake limp to the nurse, and they soon disappeared into the hallway. 

     Inko shook with grief, "Oh, my poor, poor baby girl...."

     Mitsuki had had enough, "Are you kidding me right now, Inko?"

     Inko dabbed her eyes, "W-What do you mean?"

     "Your son is in the emergency room right now getting surgery after being beat to death by your 'poor, poor baby girl'!"

     Inko was shocked, "You have no idea what the context was. You have no idea what he made her go through..."

     Mitsuki scoffed, quite literally, "Wow. What happened to make him deserve this, Inko?!"

     Inko rose, "He took her happiness! She has severe depression!"

      Mitsuki rose as well, getting ready for who knows what when a pale doctor suddenly cleared his throat, "Izuku Midoriya?"

     Mitsuki looked at him as a worried mother for son, "Is he alright?" She asked, worried about the answer.

     The doctor hesitantly nodded, "He is... stable. We need a bit more context, however, because we discovered some- some interesting things.

     "My daughter was defending herself after he had tried to attack her," Inko explained, hiding most of the key details like- oh, I don't know- the fact that Hisako ripped out tuffs of the boy's hair. Not to mention, that she had started the assault, not Izuku. 

     "Ah, well, okay," the doctor shifted through the papers on his clipboard. Nobody else was in the waiting room as visiting hours were over for the hospital, and the patients were either all sleeping or getting ready to do so. 

     "Mr. Midoriya was found- and I read this from the doctors that have taken note- several bruised ribs, a bruised jaw, a twisted wrist, a broken ulna on the right, small bald spots on his head, a swollen eye on his left, bloodied lips-"

     The doctor flipped to the next page as he continued with the horrid list of injuries. Mitsuki covered her mouth with her hands, feeling bile rising in her throat. Katsuki was shaking; he knew the injuries were bad, but he had no idea it was this much. Inko heard, but she dismissed them in her mind, thinking that they were all acceptable as it was self-defense.

     "- a large gash most probably from a lash, so not a sharp object but a very stiff or lashed one, on his left arm. And finally- this one is the most disturbing- circles of flesh, and I mean perfect circles of flesh each four centimeters in diameter, are missing around his abdomen and spinal cord," the doctor finished, well, he didn't quite finish with the bad news. 

     "His surgery for his arm went well, but for the fleshed out circles, we tried our best to patch them up...." the doctor didn't want to give the last bit of information as the group seemed to already be worried enough, but it was policy. 

     "We also presume that had had tried to run away. We know of his disabled position, so this was quite a risky move as his spine took it very badly..." he sighed. He really felt horrible for his family, "It interfered with his neurons in the cerebellum. He wasn't able to walk very well because his cerebellum was weak by itself after the incident. Now, he may not be able to walk at all or- or he may not be able to talk fluently."

     Katsuki's cheeks were wet with tears. He didn't cry often, but this was an exception, "B-but you don't know for sure, right?"

     Mitsuki took a look at her trembling son. She was shaken up by the news as well, but she had never seen her son look this... terrified.

     The doctor sighed once again; it had been a long day, "Yes, we don't know for sure. These are just estimates, however, please keep in mind that these estimates may very well be reality."

     Suddenly, four police men entered, all looking at the group ahead of them. 

     A nurse walked in with her clipboard in hand, "Doctor, these are the police men that you told us to call." She said with a hurried tone. 

     "Ah, right," the doctor frowned, "Ma'am, though you say that these injuries that were inflicted upon Mr. Midoriya were for self-defense, I'm afraid that policy instates that I cannot take your word and your word only."

     The doctor turned to the men, "These are the only people other than the nurses, doctors, and surgeons that know about this case."

     The first officer nodded, "Alright, then." 

     He turned towards Masaru, Inko, Mitsuki, and Katsuki. 

     "We'll interrogate Mr. Midoriya once he is awake for his statement. Until then, please follow us to our department."

890 Words