Chapter XXXVI: Too Much

"Hilda, are you okay?" Jeremy asked as we entered the Kitchen together. I shook my head.

"I'll be okay, it's just- a lot. You know?" I told him, wiping the tears that fell down my cheek. "Hayley is amazing, I trust her to carry my child. I do. But I just feel like I'm losing it. I may never carry that child again. Never feel them move or kick for the first time. Feel when they get the hiccups or flip around abruptly. I won't be there for when we find out the gender or for any of the appointments." I told him, breaking down into a mess, sliding down the counter and to the floor in a sobbing mess. "Jeremy, it feels like I have lost my child. I can't- I can't." I tried to get out, sobbing, placing my hand on my stomach as my breathing sped up.

"Hey-Hey, Breath. It's going to be okay, okay?" Jeremy started, moving to sit next to me, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me close to him. "Freya, she seems like a strong witch.. She will come up with a way to bring you back- Then we can get that baby transferred back to you." Jeremy said softly, trying to sooth me. My hands were shaking as I pushed my hair out of my face.

"It's not that easy, Jeremy. My elf part was hanging on by a shred. My vampire part was basically killed. If I can come back, what am I? A wolf? Would I even be the same? What if I don't come back as their mate? Or my child rejects me?! Are they like organs? If you transplant organs they can reject you- what if they reject me???" I ranted, I honestly lost track of my own train of thought.

"Hey, look at me." Jeremy said, turning to look at me. I looked up at him, my breathing coming out in slight hiccups. "Breath with me okay?" I nodded, watching as he took a long deep breath, before releasing it. I did as he did, my breath catching every once in a while. "Good- Now look at me. That child won't reject you. Your mates won't reject you. You will always belong to them. They are so lucky to have you and that child is going to love you so much. You're going to be the best mother for it." He told me, a smile stretching across his face. "Let's face it. That child is the luckiest creature on this earth. Four Original Vampires as their father. A Mother as strong and amazing as you. Two strong independent Aunts like Bekah and Freya. Hell, Damon and Stefan and the rest of our little misfit gang will be protecting and loving that child so much. You know why?" He asked me. I shook my head, wiping my eyes roughly. "Because that child is coming from you. And everyone loves you so much. You haven't been here long and everything has changed for the better since then." I leaned over, crushing him into a tight hug. Snapping my gaze to the kitchen door as Kol came in.

"He's right, Hilda. We love you so much." He spoke softly, looking to where Jeremy was sitting to try and spot me, but knowing he wouldn't. "I love you Hilda Alfson. I promise, we will get you back on this plane. You will get to carry that child again. Hell, if I have too I'll get you pregnant again!" He exclaimed. Jeremy and I both shared a look and laughed. I stood up, walking over to stand in front of Kol, hovering my hand over his cheek. Shocking me as he placed his hand on his cheek in my hands spot.

"I won't say I love you right now, Kol. Cause I don't want it to come from Jeremy first. But I promise, I will tell you when I'm standing in front of you for real." I told him, as Jeremy repeated my words with a slight chuckle. I leaned forward and hovered a kiss to Kol's lips.

"We should get back out there. Make sure Klaus doesn't kill Tyler or anyone else." Jeremy said, standing up. "You going to be alright, Hil?" I nodded to him.

"Thank you Jer. It means a lot." I smiled, following them out to hear Freya was explaining where she was and how she had almost met them at one point. Everyone was happy to see Jeremy and Kol come back into the room.

"Is everything okay?" Freya asked. Jeremy nodded.

"She just needed a moment." He said, smiling at me.