Chapter- 42

Evan's POV

"So, what are we watching?" I kissed the top of her head before popping down beside her.

"You pick." I looked at her weirdly before pulling her closer to me.

"What's wrong?" She looked surprised at my question.

"Why will you ask that?" Her eyes flickered between the screen and my face.

"Because you never ask me to pick." She pressed her lips in a thin line before taking the remote in hand.

"So you don't want to? Fine. I'll pick." I looked at her going through the series one by one.

"That's not the point, Brae." She soundly sighed before looking at me.

"It's nothing. I just-" She cut herself off, not finding the appropriate words.

"You just?" I prompted her to speak.

"I'm a little confused." She blurted out.

"About what?"

"About this. Wedding." She said with a small shake of her head.

"What's confusing about that?" I asked, my gaze shifting to her fingers which were gently grazing the ring.

"Aren't we rushing into this?" My brows quivered in response.

"No, we aren't. We love each other. So what should we wait for?" I ended with a nervous chuckle but she didn't look convinced. She sat up straighter, her hands pressed together in anxiousness.

"We have been away from each other for some good three years. I know we love each other but... I feel we should give ourselves more time before we..you know-" I cut her off with a shake of my head and clasped her hands in mine.

"I feel the exact opposite. All these years we were supposed to be married. We lost enough time and I don't want to waste more." She blinked a few times and stared at my face. I moved closer, cupped her face and looked at her.

"I don't want to wait for something we were supposed to have years ago." It came out as a whisper from my lips. She was looking into my eyes, I couldn't exactly understand searching for what. I saw her eyes getting glossy before she wrapped her arms around me.

"I love you." She breathed out as her face remained pressed in the crook of my neck.

"I love you too." I kissed the side of her head.
……………………

Braelyn's POV

"Hey!" I closed the door behind Ryan before he hugged me. This was one of the many times when he dropped by because he "missed" me. The deserts I baked were never the main attraction!

"What are you starting with?" He asked once he had made himself comfortable on the couch.

"Huh?" I asked absent-mindedly.

"Wedding preparations, ring a bell?". I playfully rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh, yeah. We'll start with the wedding planner I guess." Only after I said those words did I realise how stupid I sounded. He tilted his head to the side as if he would figure out the recipe of some magic potion from my face.

"Something's bothering you." He started and looked pretty confident about it.

"Come on, spill."

"Nothing, I…Am I that easy to read?" I swear both of these brothers could read me like an open book.

"Really? I thought we were getting to the point." He deadpanned, leaning back in his place.

"Evan. I think...he is getting paranoid." His perfectly shaped eyebrows creased.