Chapter 7

Harry did not know if any muggles were watching him, so he decided to walk some distance before apparating. He was several streets away before he sat near a low wall in Magnolia Crescent. He had to formulate a plan.

He could stay at leaky cauldron or one of the many manors and estates he owned. He also needed to contact Hermione and Neville. He knew that Neville would be in the Longbottom manor under his grandmother's careful surveillance, and Hermione... He didn't know. He decided that he would go to the Potter Manor for now, the location of which he knew due to the Gringotts documents. As he stood to apparate, he felt a pair of eyes on him. He turned around, gripping his wand inside his pocket. Then he saw it.

It was a large black dog, also called the grim. But he knew this was no normal dog. It was an animagus.

"Show yourself. I know that you are an animagus," Harry said loud enough for the dog to hear him, but not any eavesdroppers.

The dog looked a bit surprised to be recognised as an animagus, by a teenager at that, but walked into a hidden alleyway and Harry followed. It then transformed. Into Black. The prisoner whom he saw on the muggle news. He had known that Black was a wizard.

Harry pointed his wand at Black and said, "What on earth is an Azkaban escapee doing in a muggle area?"

Black gulped and replied in a hoarse voice, clearly not used for a long time, a bit shocked that Harry knew about him escaping Azkaban while he was in the muggle world.

"I am Sirius Black and I was friends with your parents, especially your father. I was made your Godfather. When you were attacked all those years ago by Voldemort, I was falsely accused of being the one who outed your location to Voldemort and for killing twelve muggles and a wizard. I escaped Azkaban because the real traitor who revealed your location to Voldemort is on the loose and is very close to you and would be a danger to you if he even thinks that the dark is gaining power. As for the muggle area, I wanted a glimpse of you before going after the traitor. I know you won't be able to trust me, but this is the truth. "

And Harry knew that it was. After all, he was really good at legilimency and had checked Sirius for lies. But there were none.

"I trust you," was all Harry said before hugging the man, the Harry side of him taking over.

"Thank you," Sirius whispered and hugged Harry back.

"Can you apparate me to the Potter Manor?" Harry asked pulling away. He knew he could apparate, but he didn't want anyone else to know that. Not yet.

Sirius nodded and grabbed Harry's hand before apparating them directly outside the wards before entering the manor.

"You said that the traitor was really close to me. Who is it?" Harry asked after admiring the place for a few moments.

"Peter Pettigrew, he is a rat animagus. I saw him with the redhead family in the Daily Prophet," he replied in disgust and loath.

"You mean the Weasleys? Which means... Scabbers!" Harry said, shocked. He was kicking himself because he had failed to recognize an animagus who was living in his dorm for two years.

"Yes."

Two days had passed since Harry Potter and Sirius Black had moved into the Potter Manor. The Potter manor was taken care of by house elves that were glad to have wizards to care for and were fussing over the pair constantly. Harry had received a letter from Hermione after he disappeared from the Dursleys' worried about him.

Harry decided to write back to her.

Dear Hermione,

I am completely fine and happy. No need to worry about me. I am in the Potter manor with my Godfather (Don't tell anyone. Not even Ron). Though I have something to ask of you.

Can you tell me where you live? I want to visit you once before Hogwarts but not in Diagon Alley. It is something I cannot put in a letter as it is something confidential. If you are okay with me visiting you, expect me at your place on 13th of August.

Your (hopefully) best friend,

Harry Potter.

Harry read this once to make sure it was good enough before folding it and sealing it with the Potter crest. He sent it with Hedwig.

He got the reply the next day.

Dear Harry,

I am glad that you are safe. I didn't know you had a Godfather though. About what you asked me.

53 Charrington St, London, UK. (A/N Just a made up adress)

I am okay with you visiting me on 13th August.

Hope to see you then.

Your Best friend,

Hermione Granger.

Harry POV

Thank goodness I can visit her. I need to make sure that she is Rowena though. I am 99% sure. Now about Neville... I don't know. I will probably have to look for him in the Diagon Alley.

Speaking of Diagon Alley...

~Hello everyone! I hope you like my stories. Any suggestions? Any corrections? Let me know!

Signing off~