Chapter 25: The moon and the stars

These next few chapters will be about the banquet and the things that happened before there will also be different POVs so u can see more sides to things.

Aether POV:

He was shopping with his sister in the plaza, they were trying to find suitable outfits for the occasion, Lumine was sad Amber won't see what she looks like but she knew better than get sappy about it, Amber was amazing, and they could play a guessing game with it which she would probably find entertaining.
In the meantime Aether was wondering what to get, looking through loads of suits, shirts, trying to find something that would look good. Lumine recommended him to maybe try crossdressing but he frantically shook his head not too fond of the idea of showing up in a dress on the last time the whole year will see him.

"Oh Aether~~"

"Did You find another dress-"

"Nope! This time I actually found something I think will be really good for you."

"Okay show me"

"No no you will try it on."

"Eh- come onnnn" Aether whined wanting to know what he's signing up for but Lumine just hushed him and dragged him to the changing room, shoving him in with the outfit she picked.

"Seriously Luminee- I can walk on my own ya know"

"You'd never get in untill I tell you so I did it the hard way."

"Fine fine, go find something to wear for yourself till then."

The blonde boy looked at the clothes Lumine got him, a black long-sleeved shirt, a white vest, a red tie, black pants and shoes. Could've been a lot worse, he was pleasantly surprised, he thought his sister will pull another prank on him.
He changed and looked at himself in the mirror, it didn't look bad on him, in fact he was quite fond of it.
He stepped out and Lumine started squealing like if she'd just seen her favourite idol or something

"Oh my god my brother looks so good and it's all thanks to me!"

"Yeah yeah keep feeding your ego, but thanks" Aether said rolling his eyes

"Hehe anytime, oh and in return go find me a dress"

He tried to protest, saying his fashion sense wasn't the best but he ended up searching anyway. He found a white dress with golden accents, the skirt's length reaching till the knees, and he found a pair of white heels with gold as well to go with it, he found a cute necklace that has a butterfly on it and he couldn't help but think of it as a perfect representation to his sister's free spirited and energetic personality. She was always the louder sibling but he didn't mind at all, in fact it was quite entertaining and he could just lean back and watch the chaos unfold.

"I dOn'T hAvE fAsHiOn TaStE you say and then you proceed to pick a perfect set I never even thought about."

She said mocking her brother but at the same time complimenting him. He just smiled shrugging it off.

With that they were ready for the big finale.

They arrived to the banquet, the crowd immense, like there were only 20 people in each class but they were allowed to bring dates from outside of their school, so suddenly put of 60 people there was like 80 or more instead. Also count in the teachers and the people hired for the music.

Aether looked around his eyes searching for a dark haired figure with that iconic teal stripe but he couldn't find him anywhere. He promised to come so Aether hoped he didn't forget.

Then he felt a hand wrapping around his waist and yelped in surprise, spinning around to see who it was. And Oh. Dear. God. Xiao looked absolutely stunning. He felt his face head up as he looked up and down on the male, black gloves, grey-green vest with gold accents, white long sleeved shirt underneath and grey pants. He thought he's gonna faint right then and there, his face burning.

"Earth to Aether-" Xiao said with an amused expression on his slightly pinkish face, but not smiling, no he won't let Aether have that satisfaction just yet.

"Ah- uhm- sorry- you just- look really good" The blonde rambled, clearly nervous and flustered.

"Speak for yourself, when I saw you I almost thought I was dreaming." Lord Xiao was either a very good flirt and hid his intentions very well or he was very oblivious to what he's doing to Aether's heart with those words.

"Shut it-, let's just go in" The boy said changing the subject and pulling the other inside the main hall with him. The music was loud but it was nice, not like the ones in a club but like the ones that you can actually dance to.

Xiao held Aether's hand, bowing and looking up at him

"Well, may I have this dance?~"

Okay he was doing this on purpose. Aether didn't know why Xiao was like this but god it was HOT.

He mumbled something along the lines of 'yes' and they started dancing around, they were not in the middle or anything but they didn't need to. This was their own moment, no one else had to focus on it.

Lumine was fangirling from a far, constantly telling Amber what was happening who was probably screaming internally and trying to imagine what that looked like.
Also the girl was surprisingly good at guessing games because she got Lumine's dress perfectly right after the 2nd guess.

The night was going splendidly, they were all having fun, after a bit of convincing Lumine agreed to dance with Amber.
Nothing could go wrong for the four of them, they had each other, they knew that.

Kazuha was probably somewhere on the other side while Venti was certainly enjoying the free drinks.

They danced till their legs were sore then the four of them sat down and talked, about anything and everything, they weren't super hyper or with their whole class but they didn't need to be. This was perfect for them, solitude but still having fun.
After a while they built up the courage to go and talk to their teachers and thank them for the four years they were willing to put up with them for.

Nothing went wrong for them. But in the meantime four other people were yelling at each other. Two blue figures in the distance, a dark red standing besides the light blue, and a blue-red besides the dark blue. They were definitely not the way they should be.

But these four didn't hear or see any of that, they stayed till the very end of the night and then Amber went over to the twin's place while Aether was convinced to go to Xiao's. Cuddles, movies, kisses, or anything else they wanted untill their energy ran out and they fell asleep in each other's arms, to meet again in their dreams this time.

One girl the bright morning sky. Other the rising sun.
One boy the glistening moon. Other the shining stars.

FINALLY I HAVE WRITTEN A DAMN CHAPTER!! I AM SO SORRY YOU GUY I HAD SUCH A MASSIVE WRITERS BLOCK IT WAS SO ANNOYING. I REWROTE THIS LIKE 10 TIMES

Anyways I hope you liked it and THANK YOU SO MUCH for still staying amd waiting!

I love you all hope you have a nice day or night