c h a p t e r - 27

'I don't know. I mean, I want to be his friend but then again I don't, you know? I mean, how can you simply be friends with someone when every time you look at them, you're thinking about how much more you want?"

***

"Nah," he said sitting on the couch.

"Don't nah me," I said rolling my eyes.

We were now in the hotel room after Alex went and took the key to the room from Blair. Also taking his comfy clothes for the night.

And now he isn't listening to me at all.

"You're taller than me Alex....sleep on the bed," I said glaring at him.

He looked at me then sighed. He placed his hand asking to place my hand in his. I kept my hand there confused.

Pulling me gently he brought me in front of him.

Now placing his hands on my waist he looked up at me as I kept my hands on his shoulder.

His curls falling in front of his eyes annoying him.

I giggled at that moving the curls, squealing internally at how soft they are. I held my hands around his neck.

"Stop distracting me...I'll sleep on the couch," I said remembering what we were talking about.

It's funny how easily I get distracted.

"The couch is not that big babe....it can't really fit both of us," he said making blood rush to my cheeks.

His lips twitched up at how I reacted to just one simple line. I sighed since I once again failed to restore my blush.

My cheeks are betrayers.

Squinting my eyes at him I annoyed at how much he enjoyed this.

"How long are we gonna have this conversation?" I asked rubbing my eyes sleepily.

"I have no idea," he said frowning and taking my hands in his so I don't rub my eyes again.

"But-" I was gonna speak something but he cut it.

"Let's just sleep together," he said shrugging standing up.

His hands were still on my waist.

"Huh?" I said.

"Shut up sweetheart and let's sleep." He said leaving me for getting to bed.

I rolled my eyes thinking we wasted so much time for this stupid discussion. Strolling lazily to bed I finally laid quietly until I was pulled back by Alex.

His hands holding me tight.

"When will you stop pulling me like this?" I said turning to face him and snuggling closer to him feeling warm.

"Not soon probably. Now sleep...I'm tired." he said nuzzling his nose on my neck and giving a feathery kiss there.

"Alrighty, good night," I said almost asleep.

"Good night lil' one," he said softly.

***

"Is it alright?" I asked moving around and spinning to show my outfit to Alex.

He squinted his eyes at this like me.

Oops, our habits have been transferring to each other recently.

I frowned saying," Is it that bad?"

Quickly removing that expression he shook his head.

"You look beautiful but there'll be pricks staring at you," he said thinking something narrowing his eyes.