Chapter 5 ~going back home~

Narrator's pov

Kaito was on his way home after leaving school. He knew how to get back because of the directions Ezaki (his butler) had givenhim. He lives in a neighborhood that is surprisingly close to the school. Kaito lives apart from his family because his family lives a long distance away from school. He lives with his butler and a few maids. His home is quite large. Of course it is, I mean. After all, he comes from a wealthy family.

On his way home, he became distracted by a book store near his school. It was small and run-down. Except for the owner of the book store, there is no one in the book store.

'I'd like to purchase a few books to read... Should I go inside?'

'Well, I have nothing to lose. I'll go for it!'

Kaito enters the bookstore calmly.

'Welcome. Please let me know if you require assistance.'

The owner appeared to be unconcerned about Kaito. Kaito strolled through the bookstore. A few books piqued his interest, but there was one in particular that caught his attention.

'Happily ever after'

is the same title as the novel into which he transmigrated.

'There's no way it's the same novel. '

Kaito mumbles to himself. Then he took it and began reading it. To his horror, he discovered that many of the parts were very similar. It wasn't the same book at all. Kaito was certain of it. Some of the contents do not match his memories, but it was unmistakably similar to the novel he read in his previous life. He chose the book as well as a few others that intrigued him. He then went to the owner to pay. Fortunately, he had some cash on him, and the books weren't too expensive. Kaito assumed it was due to the age of the books.

As Kaito walked out of the bookstore, he was pleased with his purchase because it allowed him to refer to the book rather than just his memories, which is always a plus. Kaito decides to begin reading one of the books he purchased on his way home. He became so engrossed in reading it that he forgot to look at his surroundings. Then he ran into someone. It was a very cliché moment.

'Ouch...'

'Are you okay?'

'I'm perfectly fine. Are you all right?'

'Yeah, I believe so.'

The unknown person extended his hand to assist Kaito in getting up. Kaito raised his head to see who that person was. His eyes were filled with horror. The third male lead was standing in front of him. Fuji Haru. In the original novel, this was the person who wanted to kill Kaito. It hadn't progressed to that point yet because it was still early in the story, but Kaito was concerned. That's why he's been avoiding him as much as possible, but he's now right in front of him.

'What brought him here?'

Kaito murmurs quietly to himself.

'Could you speak a bit louder?'

"Nothing! I apologize for running into you. I wasn't paying attention to what was going on around me.

'It's all right. After all, I wasn't hurt. By the way, my name is Haru, and what is yours?'

'My name is Kaito, and it's a pleasure to meet you. '

'Kaito?! The well-known trash from our school?'

'Yea.. that's me.'

A hugh sigh escaped Kaito's mouth as Haru realized he was being rude to him.

'I apologize for being rude, but it was nice meeting you. '

'It's nice meeting you too. I'm sorry, but I have to leave now. Goodbye!'

As he rushes into the distance, Kaito says. He wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. But as he walked away, he didn't realize he was leaving behind one of his books, which he had dropped when he fell.

Wait!! You dropped this-'

As Haru said, Kaito was already long gone.

'Guess I'll give it to him tomorrow...'

Haru whispered to himself.

'He definitely changed a lot, as the rumors say, but I'm wondering if he actually changed or if he's just acting...'

Haru was skeptical of Kaito's personality shift. Depending on how you look at it, it could be a good or a bad thing. This could be for the better or for the worse. Only time will tell how this plays out.

In the original novel Yukina (the female lead) was haru's one and only friend. If it hadn't been for her, life would have been boring for him. Nothing to live for, nothing to hope for, but when she stepped into his life, colour filled his black and white life. He had something to live for, something to be happy about, and lastly, a friend that he would care for. She became a part of his life the day he met her. She had become his will to live, and without her he wouldn't know what to do.

According to the original novel, Yukina was Haru's life, and he would die for her, but the story hasn't progressed to that point. It was still early in the story, so Haru didn't hate Kaito all that much. Haru is a pleasant individual. He's the kind of person who will go out of his way for others. That's why he began practicing swordsmanship as a child. To assist and save others.

Despite the fact that Haru does not yet despise Kaito. Kaito is still apprehensive about being around him. Of course he is. Haru was a person who despised Kaito in the novel, but perhaps this encounter is beneficial to Kaito and will help him in the future? Only time will tell if this will benefit Kaito or not.

Note
Thank you for your time! And I apologize for the delay in updating this chapter. (๑•﹏•)I had a lot of schoolwork to complete, and it was also exam week, so I took some time off to study. And thank you so much for 134 reads im very grateful for it! (。・ω・。)ノ♡It really motivates me to continue writing this novel. Feel free to leave your ideas and opinions on this novel! ⊂(・▽・⊂)