Chapter 9

"Speaking"
<<Mind link>>
"Thought/flashback"
“Parseltounge/Beast Language”
"Any other language"
'Quote'
——————————————————
     Rain, thunderous, so thick he's soaked completely in a second. It's cold, and completely dark, a canopy of trees block out any moonlight. They finally arrived at their destination in record time with Danny leading them while carrying Harry and Thunder uses his power to catch them up.

"You okay Harry?" Danny worried voice asked him since he's start to trembling since the rain start to pour.

"Yeah I'm fine just a little cold," he said while wordlessly cast a warming spell on Thunder and himself.

"Thanks."

Harry shakes off his misgivings, wipes at his eyes in a futile attempt to shield them from the storm before Thunder takes a pity on him and lend him his cap, which at the same time Danny making a big ice umbrella using his cryo ability to shield them from the downpour.

"Thanks..." Thunder said while turn away so his brother doesn't see his red face.

Harry just shake his head at his brother antics, now if they're lucky, Frank Longbottom has not yet opened the envelope containing the portkey, and they can catch the four Death Eaters by surprise with no hostages. It's only been a few minutes since they parted with the Longbottoms after all... but knowing their luck...

They stumbles along the woods, following Danny's tracker lead and nothing else only to be stopped short just a minute later by wards. Strong complicated ones.

Since they dont want to test Danny's intangibility toward them Harry readies his wand with a sigh while his siblings get behind him so they didn't hindering him while he work. He supposes it was too much to ask for somewhere for the Death Eaters to hide without some ward.

But then he smirks. It's been a stressful day. He's almost looking forward to a fight. And lucky him that he ask for a crash course for Ancient Runes from Bill Weasley back then.

-<-<-<-<-<-<->->->->->-

In the end, he doesn't have to bring down the entirety of the wards surrounding what he recognizes as a Lestrange property due to the particularly painful paralysis curse he just barely evaded that was woven into the Anti-Disapparition Jinx placed in the wards. It was supposed to restrain anyone trying to do exactly what he was doing, and keep them in a contorted position, twisted by their own broken bones, until the master of the house saw fit to deal with the intruder. A favorite of the late patriarch Bastian Lestrange, and present in all Lestrange properties since the late seventeenth century, as far as future Aurors and Curse Breakers had been able to tell when they'd stormed the place. It was easy enough to bypass if you knew anything about curses. Bastian Lestrange didn't invent it to be a stalwart barrier against intruders, he invented it to be cruel.

They agree to left the Anti-Disapparition Jinx where it was, not wanting any of the Death Eaters to flee so easily, even if it meant they couldn't do so either. He also left all Muggle Repelling Charms, not wanting the local muggle authorities to get involved. He didn't even look at the plethora of charms protecting the fauna. No, in the end, the only enchantments he had to dismantle were the Anti-Foe Spells.

Not easy by any means, but he had enough experience tearing down Anti-Foe Spells from when he tried to renew the wards at Grimmauld Place only to find that the house still considered him an enemy, Kreacher's allegiance be damned, and it was the second reason he ask for a crash course for Ancient Runes from Bill back then.

(He brings down the Anti-Tracking Spells partly so Aurors can find them if Alice leaves a note again, but mostly out of spite, even his brothers agreed with him.)