Part 43

I'm going to be updating between 1-3 chapters a day instead of 2-3 Cus I'm working on my one shot book and soon I'll be doing a few others aswell.
I have no life :)

George's pov:
A sudden burst of confidence convinced me to press call back.
I cant explain the rush that urged me to.
But it's too late now.

I listened close, anger and regret both battling for dominance in my brain as the echoing rings repeated over and over until-

Click

"Hello?? Olivia??" A girls voice called.

"My names not Olivia." I spat, cringing at the name.

"Oh come on, not you too!" She whined, "Come on Olive we need to hang out soon! I haven't spoken to you in so long!" She giggled.

"DONT call me that." I threatened.

"What do you mean?? You used to love the nickname!"

I scoffed, "shut up, you know full well I didn't" I warned.

"Well" she huffed, "I can't believe this is how you talk to me after all these years, Liv. That's awfully rude of you."
I rolled my eyes.
"Buuuttttt~" she sang, immediately changing moods, "I'm willing to forgive you! If you come on a double date with this guy I met and I found someone who is perfect for you, she-"

"I'm taken" I interrupted.

She sighed, "and?"

I blinked in shock, "AND?? What do you mean and?!"

"God stop yelling at me" she frowned, "I'm just trying to help. Anyway! Come on I know you want to, Olive, please."

"What the hell is your problem?" I swore.

"What do ya mean, hun?"

"You're fucking crazy..." I muttered before hanging up the phone.
She immediately tried calling my number again, over and over till I blocked her number.
Again.

I sighed and threw my phone on the bed before going back to the door.
'I shouldn't have done that to Dream, that was so unfair of me, he's just worried.' I frowned.
'I should apologise'

I opened the door and there he was, just awkwardly standing there as if contemplating whether or not to knock on my door.
"U-uhm hey George, I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"
"How much did you hear?" I sighed, rubbing the bridge of my nose, I really didn't have the energy to argue, I don't care if he was eavesdropping, he had every right to.

"Um..." he scratched the back of his head, "maybe... like... all of it?" He admitted, "I really didn't mean to- well I did. I was just worried and I know that was an invasion of privacy and I know you probably don't like that I-"

"It's okay." I interrupted again, "it's fine dont worry" I frowned. I really didn't want this interaction, ive had a really shitty day.

He tilted his head at me, "George?" My gaze drifted as I felt my eyes water, 'what the hell if wrong with me today??!!' I internally screamed, "hey, hey George talk to me." He came closer, "George please..." he begged, placing his hands on my shoulders and bending down slightly to look into my eyes, "please. I hate it when you cry." He confessed.

The fact that Dream was here made it all seem to real, everything. My whole day seemed to catch up all at once and the tears started to fall, I just kept my focus on the ground.
Pathetic.

I felt two warm hands on my cheeks which lifted were used to make me face hun, gently guiding my gaze to his yellow eyes (shut up piss yellow comments), "George, talk to me, please. Whatever is going on, I will try and help you as best I can, okay?" He smiled softly at me.
His smile, it's always there even when I cry.

I nodded, lie. I can handle this on my own, it may be my internalised toxic masculinity towards myself talking, but I can handle this on my own. I don't need anyone's help. I don't need the sympathy or the pity.
I am strong.

I grabbed his hands and took them away from my face, his smile faded at this, but quickly returned when I hugged him.
"Just stay for a bit"  I managed to choke.
"I wasn't planning on going anywhere" he grinned, playing with my hair.

How could a man be so damn perfect?
I wish it could stay this way forever.

Guys my mum called me her son whilst talking to another adult and I almost cried in the middle of the college.
Great first impression.