V

Chapter Five: 'A Little Crazy'

The birds chirped as you made your way towards the dormitory, following Gojo who was in the lead. It was quiet, peaceful, and your room was in the building next to another building where the boys stayed.

"If you have any questions, just head to the boys dormitory! I'll be showing Yuuji to his room! See ya later, Y/N!" Gojo grinned before leaving you to your own devices.

The room was very big compared to the one you used to have in the orphanage. You set your backpack down on the bed before you walked to the sliding door and slid it open. Breathing in the fresh air, it made you feel calm and less stressed.

If you were being honest, your mind had been going crazy within the past 24 hours. Your best friend could have died, you were enrolled into a new school, the creatures that you had been seeing your whole life were curses, and, to top it off, you had just discovered that you had a brother. It was a bit much for you.

Scanning the room, you realised that it was pretty empty. You did not bring any belongings you owned at the orphanage because you wanted to leave them for the other kids and you also thought that it'd be too much work to go back just to collect your stuff.

That was when you realised that you needed someone to sign your adoption forms. You could not just leave the orphanage like that. The women at the orphanage would file a missing-person report for you.

You shot up, grabbed your bag and headed out towards the boys dormitory where Gojo was.

Running as fast as you could, you made your way towards the boys dormitory.

"We're heading out tomorrow!" Gojo exclaimed, excitedly.

At the sight of him, you called out to him, "Gojo-sensei!"

"Oh look, Y/N's here!" he smiled brightly, causing the other two first-years to turn around and look at you.

Yuuji's face brightened at the sight of you, "Y/N!! Wanna come into my room?"

You laughed awkwardly as you turned him down, "Sorry, Yuuji, but I gotta talk to Gojo-sensei about something," you said as you walked towards your teacher.

The usual smirk remained on Gojo's face as he leaned on one leg and placed his hand on his hip, "How can I help you, Y/N?" he asked with his usual playful tone.

A look of slight worry was drawn onto your face as you smiled awkwardly, "Well um... I er... I need someone to sign my adoption papers..." you said, feeling a little embarrassed.

There was a beat of silence between the two of you.

"Leave it to me then!" Gojo exclaimed, "Sorry, Yuuji, Fushiguro, I gotta go help Y/N with some stuff!"

You muttered a soft 'thanks' as you followed Gojo, who had walked ahead of you towards the exit of the boys dorm. He seemed almost too excited for no reason.

The two of you took the bullet train back to Sendai and, maybe if Gojo never told you about how he was related to you, you would've been more at ease with him but now that you knew, you couldn't help but feel a little tense.

Of course, you attempted to be as calm as you usually would but it was just difficult. You were also tired so you fell asleep on your way to Sendai.

When you reached Sendai, the two of you decided to walk to the orphanage since it wasn't too far away from the train station.

"So... how are we going to do this?" you asked, walking beside the tall man.

Gojo took in a deep breath, his usual smile still on his face, "Well... I can't adopt you, that's for sure... But I know what I can do to help you get out of this orphanage situation," he said.