Chapter 15: Evolution?

***
Suki was amazed as Sokka taught her Chi Blocking. 

He explained to her as if it was a rare art that he had read in a book. At first, she was skeptical, like anyone else would be. 

But after a demonstration, she was fully committed to learning Chi Blocking. She even felt a little special when Sokka let it slip that he hadn't told anyone, not even his sister about it.

Due to his tutelage, Suki was able to learn the basics of Chi Blocking extremely fast and after some fighting experience, she would be able to use it in battle too.

But what amazed her overall was Sokka's talent. At first look he doesn't seem like a smart guy, but how he explained things and his knowledge said otherwise.

Yeah, Suki wasn't ashamed to admit that she might have become lovestruck. So much so that she didn't even go to patrol the island with the other Kyoshi Warriors. Of course, she didn't mention such things to Sokka, she didn't want him to think bad of her.

***
-Soka POV-

Teaching Chi Blocking to Suki was something I carefully contemplated. But in the end, the stronger she was, the safer she would be. At first I hesitated because the Fire Nation might learn these martial arts and incorporate them into their armies. 

But Ty Lee already knew it, so teaching this to  wouldn't be something that was worth stealing. Since the Fire Nation already had someone who knew how to use it.

Hopefully even by the end of the war, Suki and I will have a working relationship.

"Is this right?" She asked, hitting my arm with chi blocking. As if struck by lightning, a streak of pain traveled through my arm and I couldn't move it any longer. I immediately unblocked it by circulating my Chi there. Chi and MP were the same, so I was quite used to using it already. 

I even got a new skill <Mana Control> and that leveled up pretty fast. 

Suddenly I heard the sliding door opening and an angry Katara rushed me. "I need you for something."

"Can Suki come along?" I asked my sister. She thought for a bit but then shook her head in denial.

Wow, way to cockblock me, sister. I waved at Suki while I was dragged away. "See you around~"

Katara took me to a pond outside of the village and started waterbending. "You are going to be my training partner."

"Huh? I have better things to do. Like go and try to emotionally connect with my future wife."

Okay, that might be a little bit of an exaggeration. I haven't even spent a week with Suki, but I wanted Katara to feel bad for pulling me out of my comfort zone.

"I am angry," she tried to justify it. But I just shrugged.

"So? Am I supposed to do something about it?" I shrugged, ready to turn around and get out of here.  She should learn how to deal with emotions by herself, me being here would just be a clutch.

"Well, you are my brother, so I thought…" she looked at the ground sadly.

*SIGHHH*

I released the loudest sigh I could muster, I didn't want to get involved with this at all. 

The last thing I wanted was to spend time here, with my little sister, talking to her about life. When suddenly a new notification appeared.