Chapter 27

Unedited 12/11/2021

Kevin went and sat beside his father. He knew his mother won't let Jesreen do any work. She was teasing.

   "Do you have something to tell me," His father asked?
   "Jesreen is pregnant."
   "I see."
   "The baby is not mine."
   "Ok."
   "But I like her, the father will not be in Its life. Her father went to war and came back a bit messed up, so he won't be in their life."

   "I know she is not in the position to be in a right now, but I would like to be there for her and the baby."
   "Does her father know about the baby?"
   "No, he is drunk all the time, she had to move away from her sanity and raise the baby in a non-toxic environment.

   "Sometimes a new life is all a man needs to find his way back. Kevin thought about what his father said. He hoped that's all Jesreen's father needed. He sounds as if he would be a great dad and granddad if he finds his way back.

Kevin's thoughts were on his father, he was a great dad. He is not a man of many words, but it's of great value when he talks. He also thought about his brother, he was also a great father.

How could someone hear they have a baby on the way and not sober up? Stand up to their responsibility. He was not this child's father, but he was going to show him or her the love that a child deserves.

Even if he and Jesreen do not go into a relationship, he was going to be there for the baby.

Mrs. Henry and Jesreen were in the kitchen talking from one thing to the next, she told her the history of the house she now lives in. She told her about the Wilkins who used to live there, she also told her that she meets her mother.

   "Kevin told me," Jesreen replied as she sat around the table peeling potatoes. She could not bear to sit around doing anything so she convinced Mrs. Henry to give her something she could sit and helped her with.

   "As far as I can remember, she was so excited to move in, why didn't she? If you don't mind me asking?"
   "She was in the country illegally and was deported a little over a week after she bought the house."

Jesreen answered straight to the point without going into any details. She felt the pain she also feels when talking about her parents. She knew she would be feeling it for a long time but would not be driving herself crazy about her situation anymore.

   "I'm sorry to hear, she was an incredibly nice person. I was looking to her being a part of our little town. How far along are you?"
   "Four months."
   "If you are uncomfortable about my questions, don't uncomfortable to let me know."

   "No, it's ok. It's good to be able to talk to someone who can relate to what I'm going through."
   "Oh my, that was so long ago for me with Kevin now been grownup, and oh was he a surprise. His bigger brother is all of fifteen years older than he is and my only daughter is almost twenty years older."

   "I was contented with my two babies thinking that's all God had in store for me and then he said, 'You think I'm finished with you, here is a next blessing.' And that he is. A blessing." Mrs. Henry laughed.

Mrs. Henry was thinking with a smile on her face.
   "It does not matter how far apart they are or how old you are, you never forget how to be a mother." She added.
   "That's what my mother said, I have a little brother who is five and a little sister who is three."

   "She told us so much about all of you and how much fun you all would have for the summer when you move. I know you must miss her, but she loves you very much and she is proud of you."

   "I know," she said with tears in her eyes.
   "Oh, come on now, let's talk about dinner. Would not want the men to walk in and see tears in your beautiful eyes. How would we explain that to them." Mrs. Henry held her close as her mother would.

   "No, we could not explain it to them." Jesreen agreed, laughing between her tears. They both chitchat until dinner was ready.

A/N

Thank you for reading. Enjoy.♥♥♥♥