𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

[𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐒]

"𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄
out for the night and you're left with your sister? You don't cook for her?"

"My mom cooks before she leaves, or Brooklyn does it," I told London.

"Wait a minute . . ." He sat up. "How old is Brooklyn again?"

"She's fifteen, her birthday wasn't that long ago."

"Oh . . . Oh and by the way, what's your middle name? 'Cause I heard you say Effia when you were saying your mom's full name this morning."

"I'm Amma, Saturday. I'm Ghanaian on my mom's side."

"That's crazy, so am I."

"On your mom's side?"

"Yeah, I'm Kwame."

"What day is that?" I asked, I didn't know male Ghanaian middle names.

"Saturday, as well."

I nodded at the fact that we had something in common.

"So where are you from, though?" I asked.

"California," he disclosed.

"What part?"

"Calabasas." If he's from the rich part of California then why was he here? I disregarded that thought.

"That's cool. You know I was born in West Village."

"New York?"

"Yeah, but we moved here to Seattle when I was three. My dad's from Brooklyn, though, and that's why he gave Brooklyn her name."

"What about you? What's the background story on your name?" he wanted to know.

"For their honeymoon, my dad took my mom to Paris for a year. I know that's pretty weird, a honeymoon that lasts a year."

"That's kind of what happened with my parents, my mom was conceived in London. My parents weren't planning to have a kid, though, so my mom used to call me her 'miracle baby.' "

That warmed my heart. "Aww, that's so cute," I gushed and jutted my lip out. London smiled and looked away from the other way.

"You're an only child, right?" I verified.

"Uh-huh." I nodded. "Do you miss your sister a lot?"

"Of course I do. Between the two of us, Brooke's the mature one, you probably already knew that, though." I smiled slightly to myself. "She used to cook for me sometimes. I even paid her to do my homework for me."

He rolled his eyes and smiled. "Oh my god."

"What? She's the smart one!" I defended. "All I know is that every time she did my work for me, I always got a good grade." I began to feel emotional. "Ugh, let me stop talking about her before I cry." I jokingly wiped my dry eyes.

London's eyes were closed, I could tell even with his arm over his forehead. I took the opportunity to admire his frame, and then the question came up.

"Are you going to do any sports?"

"What sports does the school provide?"

"Basketball,  volleyball, soccer, spring track, winter track, cheerleading, football, and baseball. I'm pretty sure that's it. But I do volleyball, I may do basketball with Shannon, and I'm going to do spring track. Oh! And I'm going to do cheer, too."

"I don't know which ones I'm going to do yet."

"Mm, you seem like the type to do basketball," I said with a grin, hoping he would get the joke.

"Why, 'cause I'm black?" He grinned, too, thankfully.

"Yeah," I laughed and so did he. "I'm just kidding, I'm just kidding."

We both settled down quickly, the sun was really shining off my body. I really wanted my picture taken.

"Damn," I sighed and sucked my teeth.

"What's wrong?" London asked.

"Nothing, it's just that it's golden hour and I really want to post."

"I can take your picture if you want."

"Oh my god, can you? Please do." I gave him my phone as he stood up, and I quickly posed on the chair.

He then finished after I posed five times and gave me my phone.

London took good pictures, he got the right angled, and knew what camera quality to use. He did a good job. I posted immediately after on Instagram, with a good caption. I even asked for London's Instagram so I could tag him.

Josh eventually finished and left, I gave him his money.

London swam for a while as I played with Cosmo out of the water. I swam for a little while by myself, then went back inside when the clouds were a light grey.

My parents eventually came home, I took a long shower when they did, and pretty much stayed in my room for the duration of the day up until dinner.

Sunday was washday. I had to get my hair under control since I went into the chlorine without a swim cap. I conditioned and shampooed after I put my hair in a bunch of braids.

I decided to miss dinner to finish my hair, but I promised my mom I'd eat as soon as I finished.