|21|

twenty one
_____________________

Brie sat beside Stiles in class, she still had a lot on her mind from her conversation with Derek but she was glad when Stiles told her that his dad was going to be okay. Apparently, at the parent-teacher conference he had got hit by a car and now Stiles was mad at Scott because he didn't do anything about it. She wasn't sure what he expected Scott to do, he wasn't exactly an expert with the whole werewolf thing.

Scott came in and took the seat behind Stiles. Stiles didn't even spare him a glance but Brie gave him a sympathetic smile.

"Still not talking to me?" Scott asked him.

Stiles didn't answer so he looked over at Brie who only shrugged.

"Can you at least tell me if your dad's okay?" he tried again. "I mean, it's just a bruise, right? Some soft tissue damage? Nothing that big?"

Brie sighed and dropped her head in her hands. Scott started off great, but just went down hill from there. "Dude," she mumbled quietly.

"You know I feel really bad about it, right?" he tried fixing it. "Okay, what if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out and that I went to Derek for help."

At this, Brie turned her head to face the brunette boy, suddenly interested. "You really know how to suck him in, don't you?"

"If I was talking to you I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him," Stiles said. "But obviously I'm not talking to you."

Brie let out a small laugh. "Yeah, you're doing a great job at that, aren't you?"

Scott turned to Brie who mouthed, 'three, two, one' and at one, Stiles finally gave in and turned around.

"What did he say?"

~~~~

"He wants you to tap into your animal side and get angry?" Stiles summed up what Scott had told them in class. "All right, well, correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that, you try to kill someone, and that someone is usually me and Brie."

"I know," Scott replied. "That's what he means when he says he doesn't know if he can teach me. I have to be able to control it."

"Well how's he going to teach you to do that?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know," Scott replied bluntly. "I don't think he does either."

"This could make sense, you know?" Brie chimed in. "How are you going to learn how to control it without actually 'unleashing the werewolf within you'."

"When are you seeing him again?" Stiles asked.

"Just told me not to talk about it," Scott replied, avoiding the question. "Just act normal and get through the day."

Stiles stopped him, grabbing his arm to make him face him. "When?"

"He's picking me up at the animal clinic after work," Scott explained.

"After work," Stiles repeated. "All right, well, that gives us to the end of the school day then."

Brie raised an eyebrow. "To do what?"

"To train him ourselves."

~~~~

Brie sat with Lydia and Allison at lunch, listening to Allison go on about some beast from years ago.

"The what of who?" Lydia asked, sounding fed up of the brunette already.

"The beast of Gevaudan," Allison repeated. "Listen. 'A quadruped wolf-like monster, prowling the Auvergne and South Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767. La Bete killed over 100 people, becoming so infamous that the King Louis XV sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it."