-23- Food and fluff.

Requested by @Carbonara-Junkie

The title is so weird oh God.

Hope you guys enjoy!!

________________________

Newt

Seems the Glade is in peace, and by peace, I meant, no riot, no shoving of greenies, -- yes, I'm talking about Thomas and Gally -- and nothing at all. Just everyone peacefully doing their jobs. Great start I might say.

I walk to every station to see if everything's going well, and it is. The Slicers, slicing up some meat to give to the Cooks. The builders building up Minho's new door, typical Minho. Runners being runners, running inside the maze. And the Cooks cooking our lunch.

Oh, the Cooks. They have been hardworking to actually give food to. 40-50 people and to actually feed them all is quite a hard risk. I mean, look at me, I'm the second-in-command, but here I am just roaming around. I hear the bell ring, signalling all the other gladers it was lunch time. (there is no bell in the actual book, I made it up) I walk up to the line, to get my food, and I see Quinn.

Quinn.

I could say that name and never be annoyed by it. The way her little freckles make up her whole face, but you will fall inlove even more. Don't get me started on her light brown hair that slightly gets curly or frizzy, you just wanna comb your fingers through it. Her light blue eyes, glimmering in the dark, making you lost but finding yourself walking in the right direction again. Just thinking of her just makes me distrac-

"Newt? Earth to Newt!" Someone screamed, literally getting me out of my distraction about Quinn. I shake my head, to actually pull myself together.

"You zoned out there, mate." I see Quinn placing food on my plate, as she smiled ever so nicely as she hands me my food. Our hands brushed, making my pale skin turn into something like red. Yeah yeah, men blush.

"Well, your beauty is getting me distracted" I mumbled, hopefully she won't hear what I said, and she didn't. This was actually my chance to actually let her eat with me, considering she has eaten with half of the men here (making me jealous, but also being pathetic since she is beautiful) and I haven't experienced what it's like to be around her, but you could say I know everything about her, thanks to my best mate, Gally, for the information.

"Hey, uhh Quinn" I call to ger softly, making sure that my hair looks absolutely amazing. "Yes Newt?" She asked, making me chuckle nervously.

"Could you, maybe, you know, eat with me?" I ask, and she smiled widely at me as if she was waiting for me to actually ask her, she nodded ever so feverishly, making me smile widely at her. She brought her food along with herself, and I walk right beside her, making me feel some weird like butterflies dancing in my stomach.

We eat by the deadheads, seeing I placed a readily mat there for us to sit. You could say I planned all this before you even knew. I smirk, and she looks at me with amusement, I haven't even done anything yet. We sat on the mat, and the silence around us is making me feel weird seeing she is a girl with a mouthful of words (and when I say this, I mean she is full of words of entertainment) and she is funny making other gladers laugh while I check around the glade, making that also one of the reasons why I get jealous.

"You know Newt, you're not the person who talks much, but I find you quite amusing." She breaks the silence, but makin me highly confused at the sudden compliment.

"Was there something I did that made me amusing?" I chuckle, and she giggles, and points out my face.

"What? you think my face is a joke, now I find that quite offensive, if you ask me" I tell her jokingly, and she giggled more. "No silly, the way your face scrunches when you think of some words to say. And the way your lips turn into a smile when you think of something that I bet is funny or nice" She says, as she describes me, making her blush.

"Sorry, uhh" She has no words to say but what I say next makes her blush. "That reason I smile is because of you" I tell her, making her red tomato. She giggles more, when I compliment her more.

"Quinn, I know we just met an hour today, but I like you, really really like you. And you know why everyone does? It's because you are that nice, and it makes me happy that you don't know it." I pause, and she gives me her confused look. "-- because I would want to tell you everyday that you are beautiful so you would know it." I tell her making her blush again, but frowns.

"Wait, what's wrong?" I ask her, and she just shrugged. "Nothing, it's just that you complimenting me is such a big deal for me. And no, not everyone does, the other girls here think I'm a slut, for being with all the boys, and especially you" She points out to the other girls, and I smirk.

"Then let's give them a show, shall we?" I don't even wait for her response and kiss her there, laying under the trees of the deadheads making me deepen the kiss but for her not to think that I want to do something sexual afterwards. We pull away, and we cuddle underneath the green leafy leaves, that lay around us, her right arm on my chest, and her left arm around my waist, and my left arm around her shoulder, as I kiss her sweet warm forehead, humming her to sleep.

And with that, nothing could ever break us.

a/n:

I FINALLY UPDATED OMG

I HATE MYSELF FOR MAKING YOU WAIT SO LONG

IM SORRY MY BEAUTIFUL DARLINGS

I LOVE YOU

-Danielle