Chapter: 24

NOTICE: HEY GUYS, THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE! 

..........................

He couldn't remember pushing his way through the door after he had stumbled into the dark room. His head had become foggy, he sighs reluctant to banish it and begin his day. He found the switches to the light, as it shines into his slowly opening eyes and he brings his hands to guard them. Everything about him feels heavy from his arms to his feet. He lets his head loll from one side to the other, eyes closing one more time as he enjoys the brief darkness.

The heat from his body starts to take over, and headache became severe. Frequently this has been happening out of nowhere, for almost a week now and to be honest he was absolutely tired of it.

Removing my black joggers and sweater, I changed into a baggy shirt and shorts. I stumbled to the bed, deciding to have a little bit of a nap. The moment my body hit the bed, hard yet good enough for quiet rest, the heat from before got even more severed. I curled into a ball, my abdomen tightens and throbbed, making all my hormones to go crazy, squeezing out the cry which I have been holding.

I felt weird, the feverish feeling and the cramping felt like hell. I fight out of my bed, the fogginess in my head which was temporarily gone returns, like that time when alcohol takes me into oblivion, but I haven't drunk a drop. It's as if every eye lash weighs more than it should and gravity has been turned up tenfold. In moments I acquiesce and lie on the dirty ground, waiting for the pain to go away, brain checking out as I slide into an instant REM.

........................

Time: 9:52pm in the night.

I awake in one heartbeat, my heart pounding and mind empty a bit groggy if I might say. With one last breath, I gulped. Though the sleep healed me a little, the heat from my body has not disappeared. I shook my head and make my way to the bathroom.

Removing my clothes soak through from the sweat, I stood under the cool water of the shower, feeling relief as it brushed away not only the fever, but the tension and aches at my muscles. I lathered the shampoo and condition into my hair, washing it off as I massaged my scalp, and I reveled at the momentary comfort.

Wrapping the towel around myself, I walked freely back to my room. I shut the door behind me before putting my under garments on. I looked at the mirror at my reflection. My brown hair disheveled, and the freckles only slightly showing cover my cheeks and nose, everything was the same and I didn't quite mind. Except for my eyes, brown eyes are dark, rich and decadent; sometimes they're so dark they became inky, almost-black, but-despite that, they have never been in this shade before.

Bright grey eyes, like midwinter ebbed ever so gently with cement. It was the grey of the last ashes on a fire, tossed up on the breeze; the grey of a pigeon's wing, soft as dawn and the grey of the ocean an instant before dawn's first rays strike the water, it was undoubtedly mystical. I didn't quite understand this change, and I didn't know how to react to it, am I having some type of unknown disease that somehow change the color of my eyes. Is this, somehow a thing?

Questions arose in my head, and I found myself thinking of the conversation with 'him' and his 'mom'. I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts, my fingers caressed over my eyes.

Now that I have realized, I wasn't wearing my glasses and yet I can see this clearly. I think it is natural to be confused; it's natural to not think of this at all. This situation is so bizarre, and there-to increase the amount of questions that need processing. Beautifully done on my forehead, it was a mark, it was that of a crescent moon, emitting light so intense and radiant it had me in shock for the duration of time before it disappears.

"I know this is random but-do you know what Lycans are?"

I must be crazy to think that they might be true, but I can't help it...I myself cannot explain what had just happen. I looked down, before I pulled open the drawer and dragged on a clean shirt, glancing over at my glasses neatly on the table and I stared back at my face, grimacing at how pale I was.

Grey doe eyes stared back at me; it was creepy considering they suddenly changes. But what got me, was that my face which was far too plain-have somehow, putting rather too simply...was not so plain, not something that would blended perfectly in the surroundings, and nothing to notice. I felt a rush of distaste in my mouth as I thought of that, but I immediately forgot it when I thought about her words again.

"Jimin", she started, "we won't be able to make you understand all this, and we are sorry if we offended you...I suggest you ask your grandma about this".

I guess I should at least talk to her, at least...