Origins

Tim Drake was a liar.

Well in his line of work he had to be. He was also a pretty damn good liar at that as well, not many can lie to Batman and get away with it. Consistently.

But this lie was more than just your typical," No, I didn't eat the last of your waffles Stephanie. Please don't chuck my coffee away." Though Tim would argue that was just as bad and a voice, distinctly like Hermione's would agree with him, and Cedric, the elder Hufflepuff and in many ways his brother, would stare at him horrified at the amount of caffeine he put into his body. It wasn't even that much!

Well, to tell the truth, the school Tim disappeared to for most of the year, wasn't actually a School for Talented Youngsters, well it was in a sense, but not the way Tim had said it was. It was a school for magic in England.

And Tim had been going there for years. 6 to be precise.

His mother had told him at an early age that Jack was not in fact his father. Tim put it together when he noticed the significant differences between him and Jack. He had clearly inherited his shaggy mop of hair from his father.

No, what had kind of told Tim he was in some way able to use magic, was the fact he could change his hair color based on his emotions, and baby Tim had looked at his mother in confusion and she smiled brightly at him and cuddled him close that night, which was more often when she was home, as Jack had kept taking her on trips around the world leaving Tim alone and sad.

His mother, on cold nights, would wrap them together somewhere in Drake Manor and would tell him stories about his Father, Sirius, and the wizarding world that she had come from. He was supposedly a drunken mistake between two adults who wanted some comfort on a lonely night. That being said three weeks later staring down at a pregnancy test with Sirius they both didn't know what to do but too raise the baby. Then Sirius had been sent to Azkaban a year after Timothy had been born.

She had married Jack out of necessity, not love. As she had been near homeless and needed to help Timothy and herself. So when she proposed to Jack that they get married, he agreed, but Timothy's name had to be changed. To Timothy Jackson Drake. Janet had agreed through gritted teeth telling herself it was for Timothy.

At the age of 11 Tim had received an acceptance letter to Hogwarts and his mother had urged him to go, as it would change his life in the best of ways, and to get away from Jack's abuse.

Tim had been sorted into Hufflepuff, just like his mother had been.

His real family had become more involved in his life as he grew up, but due to the situation had been kinder to Timothy seeing as he was the only true heir to House Black, and taught him all he needed to survive in the Wizarding World. Which included access to the best library Tim had ever laid eyes on in his humble opinion.

So when Tim attended Hogwarts he had attended under his birth name, which had surprised all the students and Tim had blushed at the attention and whispers directed in his direction, and these had intensified as his hair had gone a light pink, indicating that he was shy.

As Tim quickly shuffled off the clapping and cheering students clad in black and yellow robes he sat down nervously glancing around, and he looked to his right to see a kind and happy face look down at him. The older was Cedric Diggory and he had become an older brother to Tim, an older brother he deserved, a million times better than Dick or Jason had or could ever be.

Many of the kids Tim had talked to on the train had been sorted into Gryffindor, but he had gotten a few of his friends sorted into Hufflepuff as well, like Hannah and Susan, much to his relief.

Over the years Tim had come more an more out of his shy and nervous shell, and had become known for sticking up for and defending younger years who were being bullied or did the same when some people, mainly a select few Slytherins, had called his friend a Mudblood.

But now seeing his so called family look at his actual father and his friends with great distaste, Tim sighed so heavily already done with this situation and pinched his nose in preparation for the clusterfuck of a conversation this was going to be.

Hoo boy.