seventeen.

deadly games❝ann's lab❞

deadly games
ann's lab

THE FIRST TIME YOU WALKED INTO THE ROOM, you noticed multiple knives on a counter. They didn't seem too important at the moment, so you thought they might be just for decor. Now when the man was approaching you, like a wolf hunting for his food, you realized that nothing in a game arena was useless. Everything had it's purpose. As you continued to eye the knives, you also took glances at the man's injured arm. It should be an easy target.

  "So what now? Are you going to kill me?" you weirdly smiled at the man that was in front of you.

  "Pretty much, yeah. Only one of us gets to live and I'll speed the process."

  "And here I thought we were bonding." you faked a sad figure, placing your hand to the left side of your chest.

  "Sorry for giving you a wrong impression." he tried to stab you, but you quickly bypassed his body, ending up behind him. You tapped his shoulder for a second, only to make him turn around.

  It was actually fun to you. You kept disappearing from his sight, when he was right about to push the knife into your chest. You've never been a fan of anything physical or that required strength, although you were in quite a good shape. Your clothes also helped you move faster, ignoring the trembling that got into you because of the temperature.

  Right when you expected it less, he caught you.

  Your body was pressed to a wall, while he tried to place the knife on your bruised neck. You kicked his hand with every bit of force you had, but his knife still succeeded to deeply cut your left cheek. Fuck, that might scar.
  The urge to grab a knife of your own became stronger, but you stopped yourself. You could easily beat him, without a weapon. The man's weakness was his bandaged right hand and to be fair, he didn't seem too clever. He was also right handed, from the bad moves he was making by using his left arm. You walked away from the wall and took his hand, forcing it at his back. He shouted because of the pain you were causing him and you almost felt bad. You pushed him and he fell on the floor. You lowered your body to be able to catch his hands.

  "Why don't you just pick up a knife?" he asked you in pain.

  "Believe it or not, I'm a pacifist. I don't mind violence, but it's not exactly something I'd prefer doing. Especially if it involves blood. Also, I find myself quite able to beat up someone without a weapon, as you can see."

  The man empty swallowed, but he didn't give up. He tried to escape your grip and stand up. Soon the phones announced the other player that could leave. You glanced at the man's phone that fell from his pocket, when you pulled him to the ground. It now showed your name, face and ID.
  The timer said that there were five minutes left, so you had to find a way to make the man stay put. Without trying anything to stop you from leaving this room. You knew he either wanted to be the one to survive, either you to die with him.
Men and their big egos.