016

february 5th, 2024
2:59 am

JALEN PACED IN FRONT of the window in the front room, his eyes on the driveway and his movements only lit up by the almost opaque moonlight

He released an anxious breath just as the clock on the wall behind him struck three am.

"Where the fuck is she?" He mumbled under his breath, "Thank god Alani is with her grandparents. Crazy ass momma."

Finally, a pair of headlights began to pull up the street and into the driveway with Jamie, Leilani's girlfriend, behind the wheel.

Through the window, Jalen could see all three girls stumble their way out of the car and he rubbed his brow, a little agitated.

As the trio moved closer to the front, Jalen could hear Noelani let out a giggle that showed that she was inebriated.

Jalen shook his head as he started to cross from the front room to the front door, "What in the hell?"

Before Noelani could stick in her key, Jalen had opened the door, an aggravated expression on his face.

"Oop," Leilani chuckled from where she was standing behind Noelani, "Someone's mad."

"Where you been?" Jalen asked, ignoring Leilani's words "What the fuck were y'all doing?"

"Yeah, I'm out." Jamie spoke up, "He's not my nigga to be asking me shit like that."

"I'm coming!" Leilani chirped up and together the couple began to head back to Jamie's car.

Jalen balled his tongue in his cheek then nodded towards the interior of the home, "Get in here. We need to talk."

Noelani scoffed as she passed him, "I'm coming in because I'm cold not because you acting like you run shit all of a sudden. Calm down, bruh."

"I've been calling you and calling you and-." Jalen closed the door and then paused at the sensation of water on his tank top covered shoulder, "Why is your hair wet?"

"We went swimming," Noelani replied in a casual tone before sitting down on the staircase to pop off her shoes.

"Swimming? At this time of night?" Jalen inquired.

"Yes. Swimming at this time of night. Party was dead so we left and went to the beach," Noelani rolled her eyes before starting to head to the kitchen.