018. heart to heart

"so

"so... that dress." josh started, looking towards andie and the beautiful, puffy, gown she wore.

"is it much?"

"no! no, it looks amazing on you!" he complimented.

the two were outside in the castle garden, sitting on a stone bench as they stargazed. the ball was still going, but they decided it would be a nice idea to sneak off and spend time together instead.

at this point, andie took her hair down from the bun, feeling the ache from all the pins and hair ties used.

"you don't look too bad yourself, josh." andie giggled, ruffling his hair.

josh laughed as he swatted her hand away, "i have something for you."

"for me?" andie smiled.

josh revealed a small jewelry box from his pocket, holding it out on his palm, "it isn't much but..." he opened the box, revealing a necklace with a crystal pendant. "merry christmas, meda."

a rose quartz crystal pendant to be specific.

"josh..." andie awed. "it's beautiful, i love it."

josh lifted the necklace by it's thin chain, "do you mind if i..."

"not at all."

andie turned the opposite direction of josh, allowing him to situate the necklace around her neck.

josh lifted her hair up slightly, realizing the girl was already wearing a necklace, "what about your current necklace, is it alright if i take it off?"

"oh! no, sorry, josh. this necklace is very important to me." andie immediately responded, holding the necklace pendant close to her chest.