The Tomb

Previously: I waited for two hours, well I was reading a book, so I wasn't just staring out the window like a creep, and low and behold the one and only finally walked in. I could see him eyeing me with a smirk and I did my best not to cringe.

Don't get me wrong, he's very good-looking, but when I thought about what he did to canon Caroline, all appreciation for him as a male specimen went out the window. How Elena was able to get over something like that baffled me. Who knows how she was able to justify that to her moral self. I guess love knows no bounds? Or something like that.

He approached me with a smirk even wider than before once he noticed me eyeing him.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing here alone?" he asked and I just gave him a blank look "God, of all pick-up lines Damon... I have to admit, I expected more from you."

He looked at me suspiciously "How do you know my name?"

I shrugged "Stefan told me you were his brother. Why are you acting so weird about it?"

He just nodded, not really believing me. All of a sudden he pulled me by my arm and tried compelling me "How do you know my name? Who are you?"

I could feel him squeezing my arm, damn that's going to leave a bruise. I grinned despite the pain on my arm "I'm someone you don't want on your bad side. Now, let me go." I finished sternly, face blank of emotions.

He eyed me but while he was contemplating what to do, his hold got tighter and I siphoned him harshly, feeling the familiar surge of magic in my body. He immediately let go of my arm, staring at me wide-eyed.

Before he had a chance to say anything I started talking. "It took you too long and you know you shouldn't get in someone's personal space nor should you ever physically harm a girl. For some reason, I think you need a lesson about the most basic things. Disappointing really." I looked at him shaking my head.

"Now, I could lecture you all day, but I don't think it would quite stick. So, how about we talk about business instead. I'm aware that you want to open the tomb and I'm willing to help you."

He looked at me suspiciously "What do you want?"

I grinned "I'm glad you asked. I will open the tomb for you and you will sign a contract."

He looked as skeptical as ever "A contract?"

I rolled my eyes "Yes, Damon, a contract. Have you never heard of it?"

He grunted "What kind of contract?"

I grinned "One that will ensure you keep your word. See, I don't know you, but I do not intend to use a huge amount of magic only for you to screw me over."

"I'm not going to sign some weird-ass contract for you to open the tomb! I can always find another witch willing to do it." he beamed with confidence and I started laughing like a madwoman. Truth be told, I am a bit mad, it's not really a secret.