The Masquerade ball

Elena now knew about vampires and witches, including Katherine, her doppelganger. Vicki was a vampire and then she got killed. Tragic but I didn't really care. 

Anna, Pearl and Harper skipped town which means they were probably alive and well. Elena also found out about John and Isobelle being her parents. John used the Gilbert device and Stefan and Damon almost died, whereas the mayor, Tyler's father was dead. Damon is now suspicious of the Lockwood family but can't do shit about it. Blood contracts are a bitch.

I was staying out of it all, Bonnie and Caroline were notifying me of all new developments. Caroline was turned into a vampire thanks to Katherine and although she was scared and mad, I could also see her confidence gradually blooming. I couldn't be happier for her, she was taking it really well.

Bonnie was kind and sympathized with her for the difference of canon Bonnie that judged her for becoming something she had no say in. She told Caroline about us being witches and that we found out recently, she was a bit mad that Bonnie didn't tell her earlier but she was glad to be in the loop. Sort of. Not even Bonnie was in the loop when it came to my plans. For good reason too, I know how she will react when she finds out I want to help the man that wants to kill her friend.

I wasn't quite sure how to handle that, but I had a good plan that will make everyone happy.

Now it was finally time for the Masquerade ball and I was all giddy, like a child before Christmas. I was wearing an emerald dress that suited my figure perfectly, along with a black and green mask. Approaching Bonnie, I noticed Lucy Bennett walking past her.

I heard Bonnie say "It's nothing. I just got a weird vibe." Shaking my head I gave her a disapproving look. "Come on Bonnie, I taught you better than that. What you felt was presence of another witch, a Bennett witch at that. She's working with Katherine."

Bonnie just stared at me wide-eyed "What?", I sighed "Don't what me. Go talk with her. Oh and Elena and Katherine are linked, if something happens to Katherine, it happens to Elena, I'll deal with that. Talk with Lucy Bennett."

Bonnie ran after Lucy and I watched Elena approach us. I sighed when I saw her bleeding the moment she came near us. I started whispering a spell in order to reduce her pain "ascinda, mulat, hinto, ascinda..."

She took in a deep breath "What did you do? I can barely feel the pain", I smiled kindly "I used a spell to reduce your pain. Bonnie will take care of the rest. Don't worry."

She nodded and smiled "Thank you Seraphina, I appreciate it.", I just nodded and smiled in reply. While we were talking my mind drifted to Tyler, shit! How could I forget? With Mason skipping town, Katherine is going to need another werewolf. I looked at Jeremy "I need to check on Ty, stay with Elena!"

I ran before Jeremy could say anything, my mind only focused on Tyler. Crashing through the door the first thing I saw was Tyler on the floor. His eyes shone amber when he looked at me. No...I dropped on the floor next to him and hugged him tightly. Not only did he take someone's life, now he will also have to go through immense pain every full moon.

"It's all going to be okay Ty, I'm here." He just hugged me tighter, all I wanted to do was take away all his pain.

He was a part of my family, blood or not. Ever since he was no more than a toddler I felt protective over him, especially since I knew about his father hurting him. He and Jeremy basically grew up in our home. Two boys whose parents didn't treat them right, one whose parents hurt him instead of protecting them and the other whose parents neglected him because of his sister.

Suddenly Carol walked in and stared in shock "What happened?", her eyes not moving from Sarah's dead body that was lying on the ground.

"Tyler and I were talking while Sarah was dancing...I-I think she drank some alcohol, I'm not really sure, she...she t-tripped and fell. I think she stopped breathing..." I tried to sound worried and in shock because if I showed how I actually felt I would look apathetic to the whole situation. I only cared about Ty's well-being, I didn't care about Sarah dying, I didn't even know her.

She nodded absentmindedly, she herself was still in shock. Once Carol left to talk with the Sheriff, I turned to Ty again "Do you want me to stay with you tonight?"

He shook his head, his mind still in a frenzy "No, no, I need to be alone tonight. Thank you Seraphina.

I smiled and shook my head "You're my little brother. You have nothing to thank me for. You would have done the same."

He rolled his eyes and smiled weakly "You're just one year older than me."

I just winked "Exactly! Now go rest, we'll talk more tomorrow."

My mind was messed up, Tyler was a werewolf, I couldn't stop it despite knowing exactly when and where it would happen. It frustrated me to no end, but I tried to focus on the task ahead of me. I went to the parking lot and heard Elena talking with Jeremy.

"Hey Elena, are you feeling better now?" I asked feigning worry and she smiled "Yes, thank you Seraphina, if it weren't for you and Bonnie I don't know what I would have done."

Before I could say anything back, someone knocked me out and honestly I prefer it to talking with Elena.