{29} End

Hey Guys. So the story has come to an end. I just wanted to take a moment to thank each and every one of you for the support I have recieved on this book and for the beautiful comments that you have left on the chapters. When I first got the idea for this story I really didn't know if people would like it and when you  guys gave me such good feedback it really propelled me into the book. This has been my favourite novel to write so far and I love that you guys have been with me every step of the way. Here's the final chapter, enjoy!

'I don't know if I can do it,' Riley muttered to his brother.

Nate and his little brother were sitting on the large porch outside the main pack house. The sun was setting in the distance, a cool breeze setting in around them. Nate leant back into the chair that he was sitting in, looking over at his younger brother.

'I have no doubt that you are going to do a great job,' he told Riley with immense confidence. Nate had no doubt in his mind that Riley would be anything but the perfect leader for the pack as well as a fantastic council member. He knew that Riley would be bound to feel like this, having always seen himself as second compared to his brother. The responsibilities and opportunities that Nate had were now being transferred and Riley was receiving quite the weight onto his broad shoulders. Yet, Nate knew that his brother was born for this, much more than he ever was.

His brother sat on the chair next to his, bright eyed and nervous as they talked about the future. Nate and Brody had been there for a week, but Nate and his brother hadn't really had much time to really talk. Riley smiled over at his brother, obviously joyful that his brother had so much faith in him but there was a little edge to his brown eyes that held a little fear for the future that was to come.

'I really hope so,' Riley said.

Nate just smiled at his brother before looking out over the porch. There were multiple pack houses, large mansions that were buzzing with activity. He knew that this was where his brother belonged, he was meant for it. His brother would protect and serve this pack with all that he had without any hesitation.

'I'm going to miss you,' Riley said quietly. The fifteen year old boy reminded Nate much of himself. He was taller than the other kids, with deep brunette hair that almost looked black. His eyes were the same dark brown as his own. Yet, his brother would always be infinitely different to him. Riley was born to lead. He was level headed and loyal beyond compare. He was kind and just with a strength that mirrored their fathers. Riley would make a great council member, a great leader. Nate just wanted Brody, and if he got to help his mate create a stronger pack, well then that was just a perk.

'I will miss you too Buddy,' Nate replied. 

'Helena is a long way away,' Riley insisted, looking at his brother with saddened eyes. 

'Brody and I will visit, I promise,' Nate assured his brother whose expression told Nate that he believe his promise. He knew that he wasn't going to be an absentee brother. Riley and he had stuck together for their entire lives, been through their father's absences together. That closeness wasn't going to change with the distance between them. 

Riley smiled brightly then, 'I'm really happy for you and Brody. He is a really cool guy.'

Nate smirked, 'I think so too.'

It was then that Nate heard his mother's voice call out, 'Dinner's ready.'

The brothers walked through the pack house to the back dining room. This room was smaller than the main dining room. His mother had chosen for them to have a dinner just them for tonight seeing as it was Nate and Brody's last night in Washington. The rest of the people in the pack house would make do, probably eating at another house or making their own food later.