Ch 18: Dean's secret?

I woke up and did my morning routine. Today we are going on a ROAD TRIP!!

I changed into a sports bra and shorts and started to jog toward the orphanage. YES, I like to play with them, sometimes sing, dance or teach them some moves. I love them as my sisters and brothers. They make me smile and are one of the reasons, I am staying alive. Their smile is the best thing I have ever seen. Before I go out for days, I like to meet and spend time with them.

I walked towards the door and knocked. I turned to see, some people jogging and doing exercise in the park. The orphanage has a public park, where the orphanage kids and others mix up and play.

Mary opened the door and looked at me with a big grin " Sophia my child, how are you? It's a long time..the kids miss you." I looked at her and smiled at her and hugged her. Marry Is in her mid 40's. She is like a mother to me, I haven't visited them in months as I had some.....Work.

" yeah, the schools and then job. I don't get time. I have a school road trip but before That, I wanted to meet the kids" she gave me a sad smile..uh..because she knew them.
We walked in and all the kids ran together towards me.
"Sophiaaaaa!! You are here."
"Yeah, play with us"
"We missed you"
"Please sing for us!!!"
I looked at the kids and saw the love in their eyes towards me, my heart swelled and I nodded with a grin.

For the first time in years, I have smiled so much.

They took my hand and pulled me towards the park, I looked to see only a few adults sitting there.
Harry came towards me with his guitar, hthe e is 16 years and is the oldest child in the orphanage. He is sweet and nice. Has a crush on Emily the next-door girl. The poor boy is not able to confess but I see the way Emily looks at him and I am sure she likes him back.

" soph, you are going on a road trip so related to it sing something," Harry said. I messed his hair and smirked, he pouted and nodded.

We sat on the bench and kids on the grass.
I coughed to make a dramatic start.
They laughed at me and started clapping.
I took a deep breath and started to sing-  ( now put the song up "road trip" by abbe cates. Listen to this music and feel it)

[Intro]

*whistles*

[Verse]
Wrote a letter to the mountains
They never wrote me back
I loved the sky so fiercely
Still the thunder cracks
Gave flowers to the ocean
Still, my heart was blue

I looked at the kids and said them to sing with me.

[Chorus]
Of all the things I've loved
My darling, the best by far is you

[Verse]
I wished so hard that I could fly
My wings just weighed me down
I dreamed that I could be a boat
But I sailed too far and drowned
And oh I wished and longer for
These dreams to all come truе

[Chorus]
Of all the things I've wanted
Lovеr, what I want most is you
You, you, you

[Verse]
I lost the shoes I wore forever
Though they were black and cracked
Missed trains and planes to get to
Places I might never go back
I lost my mind along the way
Sounds wild but it's true

[Chorus]
Of all the things I've lost
Honey what I miss most is you, you

I finished the song and everyone cheered, I hugged Harry tightly, he is just like my little brother ❤,  I can do anything for him.
"Thank you, Harry, you play the best guitar" he grinned and hold me spinning in the air, I squealed and started laughing.
Harry may be small but still, he is well built up and taller than me.